TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hide and Seek Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Lauren

Fake, fake, fake. - March 5th 2009, 03:58 PM

UGH. My 'best' friend basically ditched me this year for the 'cooler' crowd. She's so FAKE. She thinks she's friends with everyone and she's not. She only talks to me when her other friends arent there. I hate it. And if i told her she would completely deny it because she thinks she's always right and she's so ANNOYING. GAHHHH

(#2 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: Fake, fake, fake. - March 5th 2009, 04:34 PM

Hiya Lauren

It sounds like YOU should be making some new friends. Your 'best' friend, who ditched you souds like all she wants is popularity & is using you when she cant get her popularoty.
She is being fake to fit in, but ttruth is, they probably are using her, just like she is using you.

Get some new friends...ones who are loyal...you deserve a proper friend

Jamie
xx

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
glittermist Offline
Modal Soul
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Lisa

Re: Fake, fake, fake. - March 5th 2009, 04:56 PM

Jamie is absolutely right - she's just using you as a 'backup' sort of friend. I know it sucks and it's harsh and whatnot, but you deserve SO much more than her. If she's willing to treat you like sh*t, then you don't need her.

Talk to other people, get to know them and hopefully you will drift into other circles of friends and forget about her. You need to associate yourself with reliable, honest, trustworthy and good-hearted people - not fake, bitchy and disrespectful people. The true friends are the ones who are there for you no matter what and it doesn't seem like this girl is AT ALL.

Slowly drift away from her and she will get the message that she can't just treat you like crap and you will still be around - and if and when things go wrong for her in her 'popular' crowd - don't be there for her; like she hasn't been there for you. Friendships work both ways and if she is willing to sacrifice you as her best friend; for THEM as popular bitches - then that says it all really.

take care :] x

& it's just like she's in another world.
[<3]

(#4 (permalink)) Old
wtp Offline
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Fake, fake, fake. - March 5th 2009, 09:32 PM

Hehehe friends trying to get in with the cool crowd. Let her go find friends who don't care about being cool, people who just care about having fun. Hopefully she'll soon realize popularity does not replace true friends.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
samy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Fake, fake, fake. - March 18th 2009, 09:41 PM

Make some loyal friends, just even one true friend is one of the best things in the world than having a whole bunch who dont see you for who you are. I have one true friend out of a heap of others but me and him understand each other, do everything together and we never fight and we see eachother on the same level.

I dont want to be friends with a popular crowd, because in two years when i finish high-school, there not gonna be popular anymore, where are they gonna be in my life?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: Fake, fake, fake. - March 18th 2009, 09:47 PM

She isn't worth your time if she is willing to ditch you for the "popular" kids and then use you when they aren't around so you should find friends who are worth your time and just ignore her, she'll get the message soon enough that you aren't there to be used as back-up and then when her "popular" friends aren't around, she'll feel how bad you felt which may sound pretty mean but what she is doing to you isn't really fair when they are genuinely good friends out there.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Michii_<3 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Micha

Re: Fake, fake, fake. - March 20th 2009, 01:44 PM

The things that your "friend" is doing, completely go against the whole definition of the word "friend" and you deserve someone who will treat you with the respect and loyalty that a true best friend would.
This crowd your friend has gone with may be seen as "the cool ones" but I'm sure when it comes to being there for each other and truely being themselves and opening up, its all covered by this fakeness thats driven by an unrelenting desire to be popular and caring too much about their social image. One day when your friend needs someone to turn to, she'll realise what shes lost and she'll regret not holding onto your friendship while she still had the chance, because whats the point of having hundreds of so-called "cool" friends if you spend 99% of your life acting like a different person while you're around them.
I don't feel ashamed at all to say that I have one friend who I would really class as my only true best friend<3 and she means the world to me. I'm completely uninterested in popularity, because its better to have 1 genuinely special friend than 1000 fake ones, you end up happier in the end, because what you've got is so much better and reliable.
Take a step back from this friend, and get to know some new people who will treat you the way you deserve to be treated and who will be proud to be your friend and always stand by you =]

Michie <33

*and maybe its a little selfish..
all I have is the memory..
Did I ever stop to wonder..
Is it possible you were hurting worse than me?
but still my hunger turns to greed..
because what about what I need?
whos gonna save my soul now...

|| why would I need to go outside today?
when your face is my sunshine..
and your words are my stars...<333||

"the aardvark is just a rabbit with a badly done nose job!"

Send a message via MSN to Michii_<3 Send a message via Skype™ to Michii_<3 
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Fake, fake, fake. - March 20th 2009, 05:17 PM

Hey Lauren, I know this post was made awhile ago, but I only just saw it today. Silly me
Any person who does this to you doesn't deserve the title of 'friend,' because friends don't do that kind of thing to the people they call their friends. Your 'friend' is a person that I've become more than familiar with - someone who has no problem hurting someone they are supposed to care about, simply for their own sake. Your friend obviously didn't care if she hurt your feelings, so in a sense that basically means that you definitely should no longer care about her. I wouldn't waste your time asking yourself what you did wrong, or worrying about the 'friendship.' Try to move on. Make some new friends, or if you already have a different group of friends, spend time with them, and try to get your mind off of this other idiot. Things will get easier after awhile. Hang in there. x

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

Closed Thread