TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

Arguing constantly - April 18th 2011, 07:47 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Me and my mam have been arguing a lot recently and it's starting to get me down. We keep arguing over the smallest of things, like last week we argued over the way I want my hair, she started yelling at me saying I will look like even more a freak and that she won't go out of the flat with me if I get my hair that way

My dad is always out working on cars so I can't really speak to him about it as I hardly get to see him.

I spoke to my boyfriend about the arguments but he just told me to ignore her but with all the shouting going on its starting to depress me. I even thought of taking an overdose to get away from it all. The pain is starting to get too much for me to take. She wouldn't care if I was gone. She just loves to control my life for her benefit. I just want my mam back, she has changed so much since we moved four years ago. To be honest so has my dad but he isn't the one treating me like dirt. Sometimes I wish we had never moved as I have nobody where I live, not even a friend. Where I used to live I was near family and friends, now I don't even get to see them. They aren't far away but its trying to scrape up the bus fare to get over to where I lived.

I just want to scream at her, tell her how I am feeling. But all I can do is scream inside my head rather than out loud. The arguments are getting worse.

Please help?
This is driving me insane.
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Arguing constantly - April 18th 2011, 09:29 PM

Hey there. I am sorry about your home situation. You say that you want to tell her what's going on and how you are feeling but you can't get the words out. I think that writing a letter to her will be beneficial for you. If you write a letter, you can get down all the things that you're feeling. I suggest giving it to her before you leave the house or something. This way she has time to read it and decide how she wants to handle the situation. And you're at an age where you're going to start branching away from your parents. She might be feeling like she is losing you and is trying to keep you there. But for whatever reason, you need to communicate with her more because it's affecting you.

Because this is affecting you in such a drastic way, I think you should get as much support as you can. you have your boy friend, and I know you have trouble getting to see your friends. But can you call them and vent to them? I think that venting will help you get some negative emotions out. You don't want to harbor the negative emotions inside because eventually you're going to want to cope in an unhealthy way. Try to find helathy ways to cope, and work on moving out. Try and hang in there<3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread