TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Unhappy I feel non-existent and like hte worst person in the world - March 6th 2009, 11:07 PM

I don't know what happened but my best friend hasnt been talking to me lately and when we do talk we fight. And he sent me an email saying Im a horrible friend and I used him and I hurt him, but I dont know how I used him or hurt him. So I called him and he didnt answer. I told him to call me back, I wnated to talk face-to-face so things dont get misunderstood. He sent me a message today saying he didn't want to talk face-to-face. I called him jsut now, he didn't answer. I left a message saying I wanted to work things out and I wanted him to call me because we wouldn't have misunderstandings then.

And now I'm really freaking depressed. I don't know what happened. Am I seriously that bad of a person?

And another friend of mine hasnt been talking to me lately. Last time we talked I upset him becuase I had done drugs. So now I dont know what to do. Everything is so messed up...And I just feel so bad.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hyper Sonic Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Re: I feel non-existent and like hte worst person in the world - March 6th 2009, 11:22 PM

Ask for clear and well defined examples of how you have used him or hurt him, if he cannot produce these he is likely to be either emotionally blackmailing you or using you himself. If he is accusing you of using him then the burden of proof lies with him not you (ie he has to prove you've been using him. You do not have to prove that you've not)

From what I've seen of you on this site I think you're far from a bad person, instead you seem to be a nice person capable of rational thought. As for your other friend just apologise, say you'll never do it again and ask for a clean slate (you don't have to mean it)

Sometimes friendships just die though

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Re: I feel non-existent and like hte worst person in the world - March 6th 2009, 11:48 PM

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it.

I'll attempt to do that. And of course I would mean it. I never say things I don't mean...well, not promises at least.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Re: I feel non-existent and like hte worst person in the world - March 7th 2009, 07:35 PM

Woooooow. So I sent him a reply saying:

When I say I don't know what happened, I really don't. I understand my past actions caused you pain, but I always asked you to tell me if they ever got to be too much. I finally did get help though. I went to the hospital and I've recovered greatly since my release. I'm sorry I have hurt you, I truly am. And I do not intend to continue hurting you. If you feel it's best we don't speak again, then I guess we won't. I am trying really hard though to understand what's happening and attempting to make amends. I just figured talking face-to-face would be better so we could both say things without the fear of misunderstandings.

I understand the things in my blog hurt you, without me intending them to, and I've learned from my mistakes. Just talk to me. I want to try and fix things...

And guess what? I get a message just now from his best friend saying "You better feel luck I havent beaten the shit out of you for what you did to him you little girl"

Why do I have the feeling he's making more of thigns than what he should? Or not telling her the truth!? I give up though. I'm done. I do not need this drama. He doesn't value our friendship as much as I did, then fine. I learned my mistake. Fuck him!

*is really hurt*

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: I feel non-existent and like hte worst person in the world - March 7th 2009, 09:12 PM

Hey Mystery,

That really wasn't fair of his friend to say that to you. It doesn't matter what happened, that person still should have not said that.

It does sound like your friend doesn't want to continue the friendship. You've tried talking, and messaging, and apologizing, and I think that's the best you can do. He should try to at least listen to your side of it.

I know it's difficult, but I think that this friend doesn't deserve your apologies any more. You tried to fix things, but it's going no where with him. You did your best and now I think it would be a good idea to move on. Try to fix the relationship with your other friend and start hanging around people who will appreciate you.

Stay strong.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
soccerchick16 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I feel non-existent and like hte worst person in the world - March 7th 2009, 09:25 PM

I feel your pain, I am kinda in that situation but not that deep yet. What some people have told me is just to talk it out or just move on either the person's not worth it or they like you and really sometimes being mean to you prob. they get attention from you. I really don't know much, but as a young teen, that may be the prob in my opinion.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Hyper Sonic Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Re: I feel non-existent and like hte worst person in the world - March 7th 2009, 09:31 PM

Tell him to get on his bike, it's not worth it

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Re: I feel non-existent and like hte worst person in the world - March 8th 2009, 03:03 AM

Thanks guys. It hurts alot, but yeah, you're right. He's not worth it anymore and I've done all I can afford to do. I'll get over it and move on.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: I feel non-existent and like hte worst person in the world - March 8th 2009, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape_thereal_world View Post
Thanks guys. It hurts alot, but yeah, you're right. He's not worth it anymore and I've done all I can afford to do. I'll get over it and move on.
Hey Mystery. -Hugs- I'm really sorry that he has done this to you, and I can relate to how you feel. But I'm glad you've made that decision to move on, because he really isn't worth your time if he's going to treat you like shit.

I hope things work out okay. Hang in there. x

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

Closed Thread