TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Pianissimo Offline
Used to be Floriferous
Experienced TeenHelper

Life just keeps getting better (Both sarcastic and kind of serious O.o) - April 25th 2011, 12:32 AM

First off, to really get some of this, you would have to read about my many issues in this thread.

Okay, so yesterday my parents announced that they were getting a divorce. I'm happy, but upset at the same time. Happy, because I'm tired of hearing them yelling at each other all the time, sad, because I'm moving with my mom and my brother is staying at my house with my dad since he doesn't want to pack and unpack everything over and over again because he's going to be going to college. My mom said that we'll probably be moving next month. That means we probably won't be seeing each other much before he goes off to college. My parents are letting us choose where we want to be at what time though, so if I want to eat dinner with my dad we can go out, I can spend the night at his house, etc, we really don't have any limitations like we HAVE to be at so-and-so's house every other weekend. Part of me thinks I should stay here at least until my brother leaves, but the other part of me says to help my mom get started in our new home. I think I'm leaning more towards going with my mom right away, since I can visit any time my heart desires and plus, I live in a small town and we would be moving to the next town over where I go to high school, which would mean I would be closer to some of my friends from that town and get to hang out with them more. (That town has SIDE WALKS too! I could walk where I needed to go as long as it wasn't too far away) Since I'm slightly torn, can anyone give me a suggestion to where I should go for the next couple of months?

Next up we have the best friend issue. She finally texted me back and said she was happy that I thought those things about her and that she still thought we needed a break, I agreed and that was it. The good side of this is that it's the first I've heard from her since Thursday. The bad side is that I kind of need my best friend to cope with things like divorce and brother's going off to college. Needless to say I had a few random outbursts of silent crying again yesterday when we were driving to Wisconsin to visit my mom's side of the family for Easter since I wasn't completely sure who to talk to. I did end up texting my friend Nikki, who I've been friends with for a while, and Sarah, who I got closer to over the weekend and I told them about it and Nikki told me she's here when I need her and after I let all of this stuff off of my chest, Sarah told me to take the lemons life was giving me and to throw them at people who have fancy cars. That child amuses me.

That's pretty much it for now. If I have any more updates on all of this chaos I'll be back. xD
  Send a message via AIM to Pianissimo Send a message via MSN to Pianissimo Send a message via Skype™ to Pianissimo 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Life just keeps getting better (Both sarcastic and kind of serious O.o) - April 25th 2011, 02:42 PM

Amanda,

Because I'm up to speed on your situation, I'll comment here too! I'm sorry about the divorce. Even though the yelling will be no longer, it still should be overall better on everyone. You really are in somewhat of a bind. I think that you should move in with your mom. At first I was thinking that you could just stay with your dad and brother for the months he is still here (spending as much time with him as you can) and still help your mom settle in. But I think that moving in with your mom might be better. I mean, you can visit your dad and brother whenever you want, you are closer to your friends, they have sidewalks, etc. There are going to be pros and cons of each potential outcome. So it might be a good idea if you outweigh pros and cons. But moving in with with your mom does seem like a more ideal choice. Keep us updated! <3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Pianissimo Offline
Used to be Floriferous
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Life just keeps getting better (Both sarcastic and kind of serious O.o) - May 7th 2011, 06:23 PM

Thanks for responding again =)
I would've replied sooner, but it's been pretty stressful the last couple of weeks.
So, here's a quick little update
Anyways, as far as the divorce goes, my brother decided to move in with my mom and I because my dad kind of stresses him out.
Last week we went and looked at neighborhoods to see if we liked some of the places for rent that I found online. We particularly like a town house in a nice neighborhood, the only problem is that the person in charge of rentals hasn't called us back yet. My mom found a Realtor who specializes in rentals and stuff like that, so (s)he's trying to get a hold of the people in charge too.
Along with finding houses, we've gone to Ikea and found some nice bedroom sets that we'll probably get shortly before we move. We're packing stuff that we don't really need at this point in time too, like extra blankets, winter coats, and such. Tomorrow we plan on going to our trailer that we went up to over the summer and get cups, pans, and anything else we may find useful. After that it's probably going up for sale.

As for the best friend issue, I can say that we've definitely made progress. We're making small talk and sometimes we have small conversations. It's kind of hard not to since we both hang out with the same people. So... Yeah, I don't really have that much to update on this subject other then us making progress.
  Send a message via AIM to Pianissimo Send a message via MSN to Pianissimo Send a message via Skype™ to Pianissimo 
Closed Thread