TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
The Darkness Offline
Nothing Began Everything
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raphael

I want to have the sister I never had. - May 7th 2011, 06:34 AM

My sister is a zero-tolerance kinda 17 year old.
That is, unless you are a super Christian like her.
I'm not.
She knows I've been down lately, and that I've been down a lot since...a long time.
She knows the things I see, hear, ect. She knows about the seizure/convulsions, she's the one who first witnessed them.
So many times have I broken down in front of her and all she ever does is just look at me and yell at me, telling me to stop.
I've tried talking to her, telling her that I need some support, that she's my sister, shouldn't she care for me?
She just pushes it away.
Sometimes I wonder if it's because of me, and that I'm too selfish and that she has other things to handle but I'm here expecting too much of her and that she won't help me because I don't believe. Other times, I think she just doesn't care.
There are so many times I just want to talk openly to her about some things without her judging or anything. And so many times where I want to burst into tears and for her to just hug me and comfort me and be like a sister for once.
I want to have someone around. I want to have a sister.

THE POINT OF SINGULARITY IS NOTHING AS NOTHING BEGAN EVERYTHING
PULSING IN THE EXPAND CONSUME WITHOUT BARRIER OR BORDER
IT IS DARK BECAUSE IT IS THE DARKNESS IT IS OVER BECAUSE IT IS THE END
THERE IS NO SENTRY BECAUSE NONE DARE APPROACH
IT HAS NEVER BEEN AND IT IS ALL THAT EVER WAS
AT THE CENTER YOU DO NOT FIND THE ANSWER
YOU DO NOT FIND YOURSELF THERE IS NO CENTER AND THERE IS NO YOU THERE IS ONLY MADNESS
WE ARE ALL HERE NOW.
WE ARE ALL HERE.
WE ARE.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: I want to have the sister I never had. - May 7th 2011, 07:27 AM

I'm sorry to hear things aren't going well with your sister. This may seem like a very odd technique to try, but please hear me out. Have you asked her to join you in discussing these issues with a leader of your sister's church? Initially, it may seem like the leader would just take your sister's side and gang up on you - BUT, the Bible tells Christians to love those who turn away from God. Your sister is an excellent example of many young Christians who are still growing in their faith. They tend to adopt a very black-and-white approach to Christianity. As a result, when they see someone who doesn't share the same beliefs that they do, they tend to become hostile and reject them. It actually takes a very mature Christian to demonstrate love for a non-believer (or a struggling Christian).

I would meet with a pastor ahead of time and discuss what's going on. Keep in mind that the pastor probably won't fully accept your lifestyle if it goes against his beliefs; however, you should not feel as if the pastor hates you. He may not agree with what you are going, but you should not feel like you are being attacked as a person, like your sister has been attacking you. If you feel comfortable after talking to the pastor, and if he agrees to act as a mediator between you and your sister, I would offer that invitation to your sister. Let the pastor show your sister what it truly means to be a Christian, and hopefully, he can help the two of you reconcile as well.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
The Darkness Offline
Nothing Began Everything
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raphael

Re: I want to have the sister I never had. - May 7th 2011, 08:05 AM

I don't know the pastor that well, but I could do as you suggest. It doesn't sound that bad.
Thanks.

THE POINT OF SINGULARITY IS NOTHING AS NOTHING BEGAN EVERYTHING
PULSING IN THE EXPAND CONSUME WITHOUT BARRIER OR BORDER
IT IS DARK BECAUSE IT IS THE DARKNESS IT IS OVER BECAUSE IT IS THE END
THERE IS NO SENTRY BECAUSE NONE DARE APPROACH
IT HAS NEVER BEEN AND IT IS ALL THAT EVER WAS
AT THE CENTER YOU DO NOT FIND THE ANSWER
YOU DO NOT FIND YOURSELF THERE IS NO CENTER AND THERE IS NO YOU THERE IS ONLY MADNESS
WE ARE ALL HERE NOW.
WE ARE ALL HERE.
WE ARE.

Closed Thread