TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Riddikulus Offline
The magic word... expelliarmus
I've been here a while

Name: Ask me :)

Unhappy My mom making me leave Teenhelp - May 7th 2011, 09:33 AM

Hey Guys,

Basically my mom has found out about Teenhelp from somewhere, i really don't know where because i haven't told her and when i ask she refuses to tell me who told her. I had some idea she knew because she has been dropping hints for a while; she won't even look into it, she just said i am too young to help anyone and i probably make things worse. I don't know, she may be right.
I still haven't actually admitted to being on here she just assumed what she had heard was right, but the chances are she will make me stop using it. I really don't want to leave this place, what should i do?

Thanks
Charli

'Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics'

Helplink mentor 19/03/11
LiveHelp operator 25/04/11
Self Harm Mod 30/07/11
Chat Mod 16/01/12
Chit-Chat mod 7/05/12
General Health mod 13/10/12
Buddy 4/06/12

RIP Peter <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Anatidaephobia Offline
Smile :) You're beautiful!
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emma

Re: My mom making me leave Teenhelp - May 7th 2011, 10:01 AM

I am sorry your mom is been such a pain about it. Maybe if you explained to her that the site helps you a lot and you have a lot of friends here, who you can talk to. That you don't know how you could cope without it and see what she says. She probably just misunderstands what the whole thing is about.

You do not make anything worse and you help a lot of people i can promise you that.

Hope that your mom doesn't make you leave, it wouldn't be the same without you! <3

xxxxxxx Take care xxxxxxx

If you ever need ANYTHING just ask (:
Feel Free to leave me a message anytime:
VmPM

I won't let you close enough to hurt me
help link mentor Live help operator
  Send a message via MSN to Anatidaephobia Send a message via Skype™ to Anatidaephobia 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: My mom making me leave Teenhelp - May 7th 2011, 09:11 PM

Charli,

First of all, you're an amazing staff member, and you give great advice.
You've helped me tons, and I think your mom has no idea what she is saying.

I'm with Emma on this. I think you should let her know how much this site helps you, and how many friends you have. Try to explain to her how much this site means to you, and how much you'd like to stay. Maybe give her a tour of the site, including what you do on it to show her it's not so bad. I hope she let's you stay because you're amazing<3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: My mom making me leave Teenhelp - May 8th 2011, 09:35 AM

Charli,

You help people so much. You're not too young to give advice and you do not make things worse. I've lost count of how many times I've spoken to you and you've made me smile and laugh.

Maybe you should be open with her. Tell her it helps you and you only do it to try to make a difference. You're doing nothing wrong after all. Perhaps if you chat with her about it she might understand and allow you to stay.

I hope you get to stay, you're amazing and heck, I'd miss you so much!

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Littlebylittle Offline
Average Joe

Re: My mom making me leave Teenhelp - May 8th 2011, 10:48 AM

Show her some comments that people have said, like the ones above, that you have helped people alot!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
ShesNotThere Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lee

Re: My mom making me leave Teenhelp - May 9th 2011, 12:02 AM

Charli,

I'm really sad to hear that! I've seen you around, and you deserve to be here 100%. You give great advice.

Talk to her, as others have said. Tell her how much you like helping others, and that they help you. I hope she changes her mind.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
can dance if she wants to
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My mom making me leave Teenhelp - May 9th 2011, 01:10 AM

I agree with what others have said, but if you talk to her about it, you might want to say you come here more to get help than to give it. Tell her you can get honest opinions from people your age here that you can't get anywhere else. Good luck.

Hey! You are my sunshine on a rainy day, it's gonna be okay.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
*CatchingStars* Offline
Healing my soul
I've been here a while

Name: Corri

Re: My mom making me leave Teenhelp - May 9th 2011, 02:34 AM

i totally get u my mom been dropping hints to but she just somehow knows like she viedo tapes me or something erase history everytime ur on dont go on when shes home its worked for me she

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

Iím catching stars in the sky because I am fixing the soul within me. May it be from the heart a girl broke years ago or my soul simply repairing itself as it was shattered on my walk on this earth. May the stardust fill those cracks within my soul making me brand new, but never forgetting who I once was.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
inactiveprofile Offline
Average Joe

Name: .

Re: My mom making me leave Teenhelp - May 9th 2011, 05:56 PM

haii charli
My mum made me leave teenhelp for a while to but then some things got worse and she saw that I really needed this place try to show her that you are making a diference here and that you are helping tell her that you made help link and explain to her how too okay thats the best I can do for you
  Send a message via MSN to inactiveprofile  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: My mom making me leave Teenhelp - May 12th 2011, 07:23 AM

Regardless of what your mother is wanting you to do, do you want to leave TH? I don't see an issue with you being on here, even if you gave lousy advice. If the site helps you then simply tell that to your mother. Alternatively, simply lie to her and say you'll stop going to TH when in reality you stay at TH. If your mother tells you that you make things worse on here, to me, that's a reflection of how she may treat you in general.

I'm not sure if my parents know I go here but I'm sure they wouldn't care. My parents also use online chats and my father sometimes posts to some forums or wherever, I haven't had enough interest to look where.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#11 (permalink)) Old
ARTPOP Offline
I've been here a while

Name: :)

Re: My mom making me leave Teenhelp - May 13th 2011, 01:57 PM

If she doesn't relent, just delete TH from your history and go on when she is out? (I also heard this a few posts above)

Maybe, she is worried that advice from similar ages would point against her. The proof is in the pudding with my suggestion
But, have any problems you have had improved since using TH? I would use that as back up to why you should not leave.

Down here so it's hideable, also in white so you can't see.

Is she computer literate? The worst she can do is block it. In that case, I would use public computers or a friend's.

I'm a superstar because I do pageants!

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Spirit. Offline
Run free
I've been here a while

Name: Kaveri

Re: My mom making me leave Teenhelp - May 13th 2011, 02:40 PM

Hey sweetie!

I'm with all the above on this. And I don't want you to leave either!!
You're an amazing person, a fabulous staff member and have helped TONS of people, so don't let your mother convince you otherwise okay? I do agree, that you should talk to her about this. This site is helping YOU. You're having a great time here, getting the support you require, making a lot of friends and sharing your experiences with people who find comfort in it and you're a great HLM! So stand up for yourself!

Sometimes, mothers just fear for their children because they don't want them to come to any harm. Assure her that this is a safe site and that you are getting the help you need, for whatever. And let her know that you are very much a part of this TH family. You're not too young to be giving advice. You've gone through enough to know how to help people. And I always thought that.

And, yup, you could always delete TH from History!

Love you honey! Hope you get to stay!!!!!!

~Through the wind and the rain she stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above.
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved.

Concrete Angel

"And so I grew from colt to stallion
As wild and as reckless as thunder over the land.
Racing with the eagle, soaring with the wind.
Flying? There were times I believed I could."

HelpLINK Mentor - 2.4.2011
LiveHelp Operator - 18.6.2011

Send a message via MSN to Spirit. Send a message via Skype™ to Spirit. 
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: My mom making me leave Teenhelp - May 13th 2011, 03:10 PM

Lie to her. It's simple really. Sure you might feel guilt, but she is only the person who gave birth to you, anyone can give birth. She is emotionally making you feel bad, and therefore she has no right to treat you like that.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#14 (permalink)) Old
EndureEmo Offline
because you are amazing anyway
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Eliza-Grace/Endure

Re: My mom making me leave Teenhelp - May 15th 2011, 11:23 AM

darlin, your a great teenhelp memeber
and id hate to see you leave, maybe if you show your mother this thread it might teach her some of the great thing on the site.

"Life isn't about how popular you are... What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts... and our minds. This is the reason why we sing... this is the reason why we cry... this is why we live."

ANDY SIXX
  Send a message via MSN to EndureEmo  
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: My mom making me leave Teenhelp - May 15th 2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli View Post
Hey Guys,

Basically my mom has found out about Teenhelp from somewhere, i really don't know where because i haven't told her and when i ask she refuses to tell me who told her. I had some idea she knew because she has been dropping hints for a while; she won't even look into it, she just said i am too young to help anyone and i probably make things worse. I don't know, she may be right.
I still haven't actually admitted to being on here she just assumed what she had heard was right, but the chances are she will make me stop using it. I really don't want to leave this place, what should i do?

Thanks
Charli
Hi Charli!

I'm sorry to hear that.

I appreciate WHY some people are suggesting that you 'lie to your mom'. But when we LIE to someone - we are not ONLY betraying THEM - we are ALSO betraying OURSELVES!! So I say.... DON'T LIE!!!

That said.....

I get the feeling that your mom MIGHT be more 'concerned' about TH leading YOU down the 'grow up too fast for your own good' path [And encouraging you to become 'emotionally distant' from your mom] then she is about you giving someone not-so-great advice.

At this point - nothing has actually been said. It's all just hints and guesses. So for NOW - just let it go and see what happens.

Just so you know - I hope you don't have to go!

GREAT BIG HUG
Craig!!

Closed Thread