TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CaptainRex Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

No one will help! - May 12th 2011, 02:52 PM

everyday at school i'm bullyed for my disabilty (Asperger's Syndrome) b/c i'm "not like the other kids" so to speak. But b/c I've faked a smile for so long my mom doesn't beilve me anymore when i tell her how i feel. i've lost almost all my friends. i cant talk to my dad (we dont get along...he didnt really want a 3rd child) my sister is away with little or no communication my brother doesn't get what im trying to say and my friend cant help with throwing religous stuff in. teacher are jerks and saying im just trying to get out o work. and i dont know where to turn. im losing intrest in everything i hardly leave my bed on the weekends and now i'm failing all my classes at the last 3 weeks of school before summer which my mom expects me to pass with straigh "a"s
i just need some advise! DX

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: No one will help! - May 12th 2011, 04:45 PM

Hey there,

It seems to me like you've hit a wall. Meaning, it seems like you're stuck in a place and you don't know how to get yourself back out of it. I'm going to start with your family. I think that's a good place. You said you've been faking a smile this whole time, and now your family doesn't believe you when you try to express yourself. Have you tried telling your mom that you've been faking a smile this whole time, and that you really need someone to listen to you? I would try everything you can to get her to listen to you. As for your sister, I know you don't talk to her as much, but can you initiate conversation with her instead? I think that might help a little bit. With your brother, it might help to put your feelings into words he understands. Tell him you need someone to talk to real quick. You don't even need him to understand, because even venting helps. You know?

As for your friend, I've had friends like that in the past. Those who put religion into the conversation. I've always found it to be annoying. But something that you can do is say "Hey, can I talk to you for a minute, and please keep the religious stuff out of it" or something like that. If your friend is unable to do that, then it might be best to broaden your range of friends. Maybe a good thing to do is to join a club that you've always been very interested in. There you will meet people that share the same interests you do, and you can make more friends that way. I've always found that to be helpful. Branching out at first can be very difficult. Making friends requires stepping outside of your comfort zone a bit, and just getting in there. It's scary, but it's worth it a lot of the time.

I don't think your teachers are jerks. I think that they are just trying to do their jobs, you know? I think that they probably feel that way because you're not telling them enough, or it's in the way you are telling them things. I think that you would be better off to tell them during lunch or after school, so they can't tell you that you're trying to get out of work. Express to them that you are being bullied, and you're having a hard time with school. Tell them that you need support, and you're wondering how to get that. I think that also, going to the school guidance counselor would be a good idea because then they can help you organize your thoughts, and can also help you to cope better and deal better. I've always found school guidance counselors to be helpful. And in some cases, they were the most helpful. Take care of yourself! <3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread