TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Erm, wtf? - May 13th 2011, 08:45 PM

Today my mum (who is on holiday in jamaica atm, while I'm house sitting for her) sent me a text of her in a wedding dress, getting married signed from mrs *her boyfriends kast name*. Nothing has been mentioned about this before, in fact, he has been completely against getting married since I met him. I am so shocked that this happened. Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy for them. I just feel so hurt that they didn't tell me. Am I freaking out over nothing, or am I justified in being hurt and pissed off that they didn't tell anyone?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Erm, wtf? - May 13th 2011, 09:32 PM

I would be FURIOUS if one of my parents got married and didn't invite me to their wedding. Was this something they planned way in advance, or was it a spur-of-the-moment sort of thing? Definitely call your mom and congratulate her, but if you're hurt over this, tell her.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Erm, wtf? - May 13th 2011, 09:46 PM

I agree with Robin here. Regardless of how you feel, call her to congratulate her. Then ask if it was planned or if it was the spur of the moment. Then tell her how you feel. I personally don't think you're freaking out about it. If it was a joke and I know a few parents who would do something like that, tell her how you felt about that.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Erm, wtf? - May 13th 2011, 09:49 PM

Ella,

Wow. I know that if my mom were to go and do that, I would be very hurt. In fact, my mom actually did something like that. She texted me and she said that she had gotten married. I was a little hurt by the fact that she didn't include me in the wedding. She decided to have a wedding ceremony even though they were legally married. Maybe your mom can do that? But either way, you're completely in the right for feeling the way that you do. Maybe express your feelings to her about how that affected you. :]

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Re: Erm, wtf? - May 14th 2011, 04:29 PM

I left her a voicemail congratulating her. I don't know whether they wer together or whether he surprised her with it or what. This is just what happened when my parents got divorced. It was like "your dad's moving out" and 2 years later "hooray I'm divorced!". Oh, and 2 months ago my dad went abroad and got married (this one was planned and I knew about it in advance) and didn't invite anyone.
This just seems like something a couple of lovestruck teenagers would do, not a middle-aged couple with 6 kids between them who've already been married before. This is so bizzare.

Closed Thread