TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Chalky Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Fostering my little sister. How do I do it? - May 14th 2011, 09:27 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

**** Changed people's names, just in case ****

About two months ago I moved out of my mother's house, she is a very unstable person who smashed the house to pieces many times. I've got scars all over me, not only from clearing up after her episodes, but also being caught in the middle when she's turning. I have a little sister still living in the house with my mother, and my mother's partner. My sister is 19 months old, and the few times I've been back since I left, I've noticed that things really aren't right. Mabel (my sister) flinches a LOT when mum goes anywhere near her and Tom (Fae's dad) is never there - not that he ever was anyway.... - and I've noticed some scars, bruises, cuts and stuff on Mabel.

I've contacted social services three times now but their not doing anything, there not even going and visiting them. I'm so so scared for my little sister, I don't want her to have the abusive upbringing I had, please help?!?!

____Sorry if this is in the wrong place or whatever, I'm new to the site____

Last edited by SparklingWine; May 14th 2011 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Adding appropriate prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Fostering my little sister. How do I do it? - May 14th 2011, 02:21 PM

If social services are not doing anything, the police should. Or if you have a school counselor I suggest talking with them also about an appropriate course of action.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Fostering my little sister. How do I do it? - May 14th 2011, 02:32 PM

Wow, I am so sorry for your situation. Your sister seems like she is in danger. With the cuts, and bruises, it's definitely something that should be looked into, especially given a history of events. My advice to you is to take pictures of the bruising and what not, and directly go to the police station. Tell them everything. Tell them the recent events, your moms unstable mood, show them the pictures, and tell them what you fear. If they don't do anything that day, go again the next day. You might have to get annoying. But the bigger deal you make out to be, but bigger deal it becomes to the police. Make them do something. You might have to get firm, but that's okay. Your sister is in danger, so something needs to take place so she is safe.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Fostering my little sister. How do I do it? - May 14th 2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoroso View Post
Wow, I am so sorry for your situation. Your sister seems like she is in danger. With the cuts, and bruises, it's definitely something that should be looked into, especially given a history of events. My advice to you is to take pictures of the bruising and what not, and directly go to the police station. Tell them everything. Tell them the recent events, your moms unstable mood, show them the pictures, and tell them what you fear. If they don't do anything that day, go again the next day. You might have to get annoying. But the bigger deal you make out to be, but bigger deal it becomes to the police. Make them do something. You might have to get firm, but that's okay. Your sister is in danger, so something needs to take place so she is safe.
I agree with everything Lynds said. Pictures, go directly to the police, and go back every day DEMANDING they see the abuse for themselves.

Closed Thread