TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
hidmemory Offline
Average Joe

Name: Hid

Whose in the wrong here? - May 16th 2011, 06:24 PM

I was sitting in my room on the computer, playing a game and my dad walks into the room and tells me to look for my kitten, whom I left out to run around the house, so I said "Wait a minute, I'll be right there." Well, he gets all angry at me and starts cussing me out, then he comes in and tries to take my computer off of me, then lunges at me to try and hit me, so in defense I stuck my leg up and he thought I was kicking him, when I was just trying to keep him away. He said, "you kick me I break your fucking leg." So i replied "You break my fucking leg, I call the damn cops." Well, he didn't like that, he said "you can find your own damn place to live in if you call the cops." Was I wrong in not getting up that very minute he said to get up? I mean, I wasn't in the middle of anything important, but he could have waited till I finished the game.

I gots...

Huggles for yuz!!!
  Send a message via MSN to hidmemory  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Whose in the wrong here? - May 16th 2011, 06:41 PM

I don't think you were in the wrong, it sounds like your dad may have overreacted a little bit. Just because you didn't jump up the minute he told you to doesn't mean you deserved to be cussed at. But unfortunately in order to make things right with your dad you might have to the play the one in the wrong, and apologize to him. Some people are stubborn, and they'll never admit to doing anything wrong. If your dad is like that, then you might have to take responsibility for what happened, just to make things better. It doesn't mean you did anything wrong, it just means that you are being the mature one in the situation and trying to make things right.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#3 (permalink)) Old
hidmemory Offline
Average Joe

Re: Whose in the wrong here? - May 16th 2011, 06:57 PM

Sometimes though, I wish his threats weren't empty.... If he had broken my leg, I would have been able to call the police and I would have been able to save my little sister from the same thing, but if I did, I think it would have been worse in the long run. I'm not going to speak to him till I decide the best way to approach this, and if worse comes to worse I know my grandma would come and get me.

I gots...

Huggles for yuz!!!
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Whose in the wrong here? - May 17th 2011, 02:43 AM

I completely think that you're in the right and your father is in the wrong. I mean, your dad reacted in a horrible way when you said just a minute. I mean, I can see where your dad would be frustrated as my mom gets a bit annoyed when us kids say that to her. But at the same time, she never reacts like that. Your dad definitely overreacted. So, what to do? I think you should talk to him about this. Tell him that it upset you that he did that, and ask him why he reacted that way. It's always best to get an understanding of where he is coming from that way you know. Next time your dad acts like that, I would suggest removing yourself from the situation. Take care. <3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
tamz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Whose in the wrong here? - May 17th 2011, 05:04 PM

I agree with Amoroso. It would definitely be worth talking to him, tell him the way he makes you feel but make sure you speak to him when he's in a calm mood. It's not going to get you anywhere when you're both riled up. I used to have problems like this with my Dad. Honestly though, the only thing that helped with us was that things came to a head when he threw me out the one time, sh*t happened to me when I was out that night and I got a job 160miles away just to get away (not just from him, from everything that went down that night). When I came back a few months later things were great as we'd both had time to be away from each other and he'd totally calmed down.

On an unrelated note, I love your sig btw, it's so cute

(#6 (permalink)) Old
hidmemory Offline
Average Joe

Re: Whose in the wrong here? - May 18th 2011, 10:15 PM

Thanks Tamz.

As to me talking to him, he had another angry outburst, so I am now living with my grandma. Hopefully this works out.

I gots...

Huggles for yuz!!!
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
tamz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Whose in the wrong here? - May 18th 2011, 10:22 PM

I'm sure it will in time. Either way things have a habit of working out for the best. I really do hope he sorts things out with you. Feel free to PM me if you ever wanna chat about things.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Whose in the wrong here? - May 18th 2011, 11:30 PM

Oh, I'm sorry that he had another outburst. However, I'm glad that you are able to stay somewhere more emotionally stable for you. Maybe in time, you and your dad can work things out. Take care<3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread