TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kayla200 Offline
Average Joe

Ugg im thinking of giveing up :( - May 18th 2011, 12:42 PM

If this doesnt go here feel free to move it cause it could go here or in careers....So heres the deal...Im a liscensed cosmetologest and am certified in Electrology...my mom told me she would put me threw school and would let me build my shop in the basment of our house and refused any help on paying for my schooling...I have a job at a crap hole which I hate to the extreem..Im loseing all hope on ever getting my shop. I have enough money to build it pluss xxxx amount more that is just sitting in my saveings account...I already have my equitment so thats not a reason for me to not have my Electrology shop the worst part is its just collecting dust and...yet Ive cleaned most of what needs cleaned and already moved a lot of the stuff in the basement but I still need to move some stuff and I was talking to my mom and she said not to move anything else till the old fridge and old freezer was taken out of the basement but thats not any excuse for me not to be able to clean or move some of the other suff...and shes been comming up with verious excuses over the last year for me not to start construction...ive been working my but off and I see nothing from it yet she wont let me quit my job...she keeps telling me to go look for a new one but whats the point of going from one job I hate to another one....All I want in this world right now is my shop and she knows it...everyone I talk to eather says to rent a place or move out but if I had enough money to buy a house or put a hevy down payment on one which is what I want to do I would....and renting would possiblly be the dumbest dessision ever...ive tryed to talk to my mom somewhat about this and she just thinks im nagging her and being mean...but ive worked so hard...and my bro graduates high school this year and isnt even going to collage he thinks he can make it in the mma and shes ok with that and completly suports him...im so confused...frustrated and annoyed...Im completly loseing my mind I havent had fun in almost a year as I refuse to touch my money as I want a bright future...I dont see my pay except when I put gass in my car to get to work...and every attempt at following my dreamz comes up with some dumb excuse from her not to ...im so tired all the time and I feel im going completly crazy I honestly believe soon im going to end up in a mental hospital if I cant do something for my future...I just want to cry I dont know what to do...Im sooo loseing my mind Im ready to give up and just idk what I just feel like its pointless anymore....why am I working why am I trying or wishing I feel like shes never going to let me do anything or go anywhere but without this I will be working at a crap hole till im really old to go where I want please im loseing it Advice would soo be apreciated....

R.I.P Lee, Logan, Austin 3/5/09

As tears fall from my eyes,I realized I didn't know them as much as I knew everyone else,Yet what I knew was they where apart of me in different ways,And as I watched them be put in the ground,Their spirits floating,Apart of me went with them...........You will forever be missed and loved...Never forgotten

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Ugg im thinking of giveing up :( - May 18th 2011, 11:24 PM

Hey there, Kayla! I'm sorry to hear you and your mother haven't been on the same page about starting your business. I guess you only have three real options at this point in time:

1. Keep talking to your mom, and somehow convince her to let you start your business.

2. Stay with your current job/find a different job until you have enough money to rent/own a place for your business.

3. Take out a business loan and start paying it off once your business has been established.

For sanity's sake, you'll probably rule out option #2. That leaves you with two choices: keep talking to your mom and hope she'll finally see things your way, or take matters into your own hands and get the things you need by other means. I know it's not fair, but life rarely IS fair. Most people don't get a helping hand from family members - they have to do everything themselves, and some sacrifices are made in the process. It's up to you now... how badly do you want to achieve this dream, and what sacrifices are you willing to make?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kayla200 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Ugg im thinking of giveing up :( - May 22nd 2011, 12:16 PM

I get where your comming from its just I dont want to be in any form of debt at this young of an age....and on the once in a liftime note my mom actually followed threw on her word and got her friends to come and get the stuff so now I can continue on the basement which is completly amazing and is actually the 1st time ever moms said shes going to do something that big and actually did it lol

R.I.P Lee, Logan, Austin 3/5/09

As tears fall from my eyes,I realized I didn't know them as much as I knew everyone else,Yet what I knew was they where apart of me in different ways,And as I watched them be put in the ground,Their spirits floating,Apart of me went with them...........You will forever be missed and loved...Never forgotten

Closed Thread