TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MarissaMassacre Offline
Geek Extraordinaire
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Marissa

I basically just lost my mom - May 19th 2011, 03:26 AM

I have a lot of disrespect/anger issues.
When I get mad over the slightest thing, I don't think about what I say or what I do to other people because I'm just mad. It's a bad habit that I've always had, and I've never been able to break. I do this to my parents, also.
I asked my mom if a friend of mine could ride home with us, and she said," Okay, just pick the clothes up in your room." So I wait until like 10:30pm-ish, and she goes," So I guess your friend isn't riding home." I asked her why, and she said it was too late for me to clean my room now. So I get really mad, even though it was nothing, because my friend doesn't have another ride, and I started yelling about how that was rude and how she always takes back what she says, even though it was my fault.
I stormed out, and stayed in my room for 30 minutes, then she came in crying. She wasn't yelling, but she was visibly upset, and she told me she was tired of being treated like shit, and how I was the most disrespectful, worst daughter she had ever seen. Then she told me she was done with me, and that she would still do her mother duties like helping me cook and driving me to school, but she was not going to be personal with me or treat me like a friend anymore.
I started crying, and I tried to apologize to her (I always feel really guilty after I get mad, but I don't think about what i'm doing when it actually happens), but She refused to listen and locked herself in her bedroom.
I can't lose her. I know I won't actually lose her because she's still here, but I can't lose her on a personal level. She's pretty much she only person I have. She's the only person that knows about my anxiety, depression, and self-harming,and she's the only one I can talk to about any of it. I haven't talked to my dad on a personal level in years, when we do talk we just fight.
I tried telling her this about an hour later hoping she had calmed down, but she sent me away and told me that she didn't take back anything she said.
We've never fought like this before. She doesn't just say things like that if she doesn't mean them. I don't know what to do.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: I basically just lost my mom - May 19th 2011, 08:10 PM

Are you seeing a psychological professional for your anxiety, depression, and self-harm? If so, why not suggest family therapy in addition to your individual therapy the next time you speak to that psychological professional? If you aren't seeing anyone at this point in time, I would strongly suggest that you receive a referral from your family doctor. I sincerely believe that your relationship with your mother (and possibly even your father) can be repaired, and with guidance from a psychological professional, you can learn how to manage your anger and other issues. =)

Closed Thread