TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lovehatelife23 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Leslie

Post My F***in Parents! OMG! - May 25th 2011, 05:13 PM

OMG! My life is soo Screw up. I try to be the best for my Parents. I dont think they want me anymore. My dad keeps on Threating me bout Convicting me out of His house. When i have a Check tat comes through the mail n helps them out with Bills n pays for everything tat i Need n Want! I kno i have Problems but everybody does. Not everyone can be Happy all the time n can have a easy Life. Last month i was in a Mental hospital bc ive tried killing myself twice n i almost Lost my Life (Wich i regret) the second time bc if i didnt get to the Hospital when i did my Body would of gave out. My dad thinks i can just always be sooo HAPPY ALL THE FUCKING TIME! WTF! He tells me tat im to hard to live with n he cant just cant take care of me tat much anymore bc i just am to much. I thought parents r suppose to help u weither ur inneed of help or NOT! They r suppose to be on ur side 4ever! My mom is a Asshole bc she thinks i dont Deserve anything bc i dont do anything Around the house. Bc my dad spoils me when i dont do anything or i do. Im 20 years old. Im Engaged with someone tat i really Love! Im looking to see if i can find a really Cheap Place to Live n just Fucking Move out of this Fucking House n SAY THE HELL WITH U ALL! I dont have a job but i do have my check wich will help me for right now til i can get me one. i just have to find a place tat everything is included. I can go like this anymore. I feel abanded sometimes when he tells me hes going to call the cops n have me convicted with a note n have everything out. last week we got into it really bad n he told me I GOT 6 Weeks to get out or im calling the Cops n have u permently Removed! OMG! WTF! Im their Child! I must am a burdan to them. I dont understand. I guess ill just look for a place to live n just move. I DONT GIVE A FUCK ANYMORE! I cant kill myself bc my Love with be Hurt n i cant do tat. So i gotta Keep my Mind off of tat for right now! When i get a place n she turns 21 in july shes going to Transfer to another place like hers but down here by me n move in with me. I think it would be Better.

Sry this is So Long

R.I.P
CJ Collins 1993-2008
He was a Awesome Kid
I Love you n Miss you

You learn at a certain pace. Then that pace goes away. Then

you try and try to do everything you can. Then it gets harder.

Then you give up. Then its all over.

Leslie
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lovehatelife23 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: My F***in Parents! OMG! - May 25th 2011, 06:54 PM

Hey there, Leslie! Your post wasn't too long, so don't worry about that. =)

It sounds like there's a lot going on for you at the moment. Unfortunately, some people are better equipped to help individuals who are suffering from mental illness than others. Your parents may honestly not know how they can help you. As a result, they are lashing out at you - which obviously isn't ideal, but that's their way of coping with this difficult situation. It's not right, but in their minds, that's how they need to respond in order to preserve their own happiness.

Given the severity of your depression, I strongly encourage you to seek help from a psychological professional. Not only would it be good for you to talk to someone about what's going on in your family, but you could learn some coping and communication skills that may help your relationship with your parents. If you aren't getting the support you need from your parents, then look for it elsewhere... the important thing is to never give up on yourself, because you deserve to be happy!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lovehatelife23 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: My F***in Parents! OMG! - May 25th 2011, 08:09 PM

Thanx for the Repy PSY. I kno i need to get professional Help but i dont go see my therapist anymore bc she was a asshole towards me. I dont understand why my parents r being like this but idc anymore. Im trying my best tats all tat counts RIGHT? i want another therapist but wat if they do the same thing tat the other one did. idk if i can trust another one. I just need to move out. It would make it alot easier on me n them. They wouldnt have to worry bout me wanting anything. Calling them constantly. Hearing them yelling n agry bout how kids arnt suppose to be like this. Kids r suppose to be n kind n nice n loving. Not have troubles n put ur parents through Hell n want everything n make them angry n everything like tat. Its like i dont understand. Then why did u Adopt me. If i was So much trouble in UR Life why didnt u just Give me back. I dont understand. Then when i get older he Threatins to convict me from the house with a paper. I must be a real bad person to them. I really really try my best. I dont understand wat or where i go wrong. I kno i have Problems n sometimes it puts me somewhere but tats how my Life is. Its NOT my fault its my REAL MOMS faults. i kept on saying yestorday tat i could disapear n nobody would notice. Nobody would care. Nobody wouldnt even known if i was gone. Tats why i said in Quotes tat I regret tat i Should of never told anyone bout wat i did n just suffered n died. I didnt care if i went to Hel or Heaven. I just wanted to be FREE from this World, This Family. Idc anymore. but idk anymore. Its watever. I dont mean Shit to no one except for my Girl. tats it. Im Happy around her n when im not around her Im upset n mad n depressed bc we r to far apart from each other n i can never seem to get to her when i want. It just agrvates me. tats why im thinking bout Moving out. For the Both of US! it would make our Lifes Better. We would be together. We wouldnt have to worry bout Parents. No Brothers. We have Each other. Tats the way i WANT IT! It makes me happy!

R.I.P
CJ Collins 1993-2008
He was a Awesome Kid
I Love you n Miss you

Leslie
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: My F***in Parents! OMG! - May 25th 2011, 09:36 PM

I'm sorry to hear your previous therapist behaved in an unprofessional manner. I can assure you, however, that not all therapists are like that. Sure, some are just in it for the money, but most genuinely want to help their patients. From what I've observed, many people do not like their first therapist... sometimes it's because they aren't ready to truly seek help yet (ask yourself if you've been doing into these sessions with an open mind and sincere desire to get better), and some just don't get along because of personality differences. Fortunately, you can always get a referral from your family doctor, or visit a clinic that specializes in depression and meet with a different therapist if the first one wasn't to your liking. =) So I strongly encourage you to keep looking for someone - and don't put it off! Because if you want to be in a good place, whether you're living with your parents or living with your partner, you need to focus on your recovery EVERY DAY.

I don't know what happened with your biological mother, but I do know that we have the power to take our crappy circumstances and turn them into a more positive experience. Your adoptive parents haven't been very supportive as of late, and that's a shame... but that doesn't mean you have to settle for an unhappy life at home! I really don't mean to sound condescending, because I've been there before with my own biological mother, and it's hard to see ANYTHING in a positive light when you're constantly surrounded by such negativity. However, you have to decide whether or not you're going to continue dwelling on all the negativity, or if you're going to try and change things for the better. Moving out would probably be a good thing for you - it helped me! But realize that moving out is just one thing you can do to help yourself. You can do things while you're stuck at home that will help you toward recovery - for example, finding things you are passionate about and spending time focusing on those aspects of your life instead. Your partner is just one positive thing you can focus on... surely there are clubs and other organizations in the area that you've wanted to check out for a while? Or maybe you have friends that you haven't spoken to in a while. I guess what I'm trying to get at is that, while ranting about our problems can be cathartic, it's not the most productive thing we can do. There comes a point where we have to decide, "I'm not happy with my life, and I'm going to help myself get to a better place!" Take charge of your life as best you can - it will give you a sense of purpose and better prepare you for a more independent lifestyle. =)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lovehatelife23 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: My F***in Parents! OMG! - May 26th 2011, 03:15 PM

Im trying my best. Me n my dad got into it last nite. He just Blamed everything on me. Everything is my fault. Everyone else in the family doesnt have any concern on wat i do but I do! Wat hes mostly saying to me is He cant take care of me anymore. I make their Lives Misserable. I told him tat if i made ur life misserable n u thought when i got this old tat u should of just gave me back. He told me if he known tat i was going to do this to them when i got this old tat he would of gave me back. Today i just felt like killing myself. Over Dosing on Tynole again n just dont freakin tell anyone this time n just suffer till i Die! Bc i cant keep living like this. This World This Life These People Are just BULLSHIT! I HATE MY LIFE N MYSELF!

R.I.P
CJ Collins 1993-2008
He was a Awesome Kid
I Love you n Miss you

Leslie
Closed Thread