TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
B.J. Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bekki Jay (B.J)

Post Help! Have to write an apology letter to my foster brother? - June 2nd 2011, 06:54 PM

My foster parents are really strict and my foster brother who is 25 is my second guardian, I was very disrespectful to him and I have to write an apology letter. My foster parents treat me like a kid, I had a fucking 20 minute time out, I had to apologise to him and I now I have to write this apology letter, but I have no idea what to write. My foster brother had to bail me out of jail because I got caught in a fight, and when he did bail me out, I said and did things I wished I didn't. Now I'm stuck with writing this apology letter. HELP I have no idea what to write...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
CvcSly3 Offline
Heart Of Hearts
Not a n00b

Name: Connor

Re: Help! Have to write an apology letter to my foster brother? - June 2nd 2011, 07:03 PM

Just write how you are sorry for the way you _____________ to your foster brother and how you regret doing so and want to sincerely apologize and definitely thank him for bailing you out of jail.

I am sure you will probably have to go into more detail about it than I did, but just write how you are sorry but in a way YOU feel is right and not by faking it.

Hope this helped and if you need anything else just PM me.

"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love" - Albert Einstein

A destination, a fading smile.
Another station, another mile.
Another day gone, I swore that I will.
Be there before dawn.
So be there, I will.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
B.J. Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bekki Jay (B.J)

June 2nd 2011, 07:05 PM

Its like an essay it gotta be 5000 words...

I am usually a good kid but this girl just got on my nerves, I don't even care about punishment, I'm more hurt about how disapointed my family is...

Last edited by SparklingWine; June 2nd 2011 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts

(#4 (permalink)) Old
BethanyAnn Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Bethany

Re: Help! Have to write an apology letter to my foster brother? - June 2nd 2011, 07:58 PM

5000 words?!? Umm better go through that whole day and explain why you did what you did. I am an english major so PM if you need help

"Have no fear for giving in, Have no fear for giving over
You'd better know that in the end, Its better to say too much, Than never to say what you need to say again" - John Mayer

Send a message via Yahoo to BethanyAnn Send a message via Skype™ to BethanyAnn 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Troubled_Heart Offline
Used to be Ianto Jones
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Melissa
Location: The room where it's red and black and evil people walk around pointing and laughing at you

Re: Help! Have to write an apology letter to my foster brother? - June 2nd 2011, 08:21 PM

Write some bullet points on how you feel, talk about why you did, you know it's wrong and how you're going to try and improve in the future. Don't say something you don't mean just make it come from your heart <3

Good Luck Xxx

When life gives you one thousand reasons to cry, show life one million reasons to SMILE!

Send a message via MSN to Troubled_Heart Send a message via Yahoo to Troubled_Heart  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Help! Have to write an apology letter to my foster brother? - June 2nd 2011, 08:54 PM

5,000 words is easy. Go into deep detail about how you felt, what happened, why and why you snapped at him. Go into great detail and write it like a story, explaining the look on his face when you were unfair, the way you're own emotions were at the time. ect. String it out for as far as you can.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#7 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Help! Have to write an apology letter to my foster brother? - June 3rd 2011, 05:13 PM

Hello, Bekki. I'm sorry you feel like you're being treated like a child by your foster parents... but keep in mind that 1) you're 13 years old, and 2) you haven't been making the best decisions as of late. If you want to be respected and treated like an "adult", then you need to act like an adult, which means taking responsibility for your actions. You already got in trouble, so it's not like you can take that back... but you can follow your foster parents' instructions by writing this letter without complaint, then ensure you follow their rules from this point on. Oh, and don't get into fights! I don't know what the circumstances were, but next time, avoid the situation altogether, or walk away when being confronted. Only fight back when it's in self-defense (you won't spend time in jail for that).

I agree with the other members' suggestions. You could try writing a story about everything that led up to the fight and your snapping at your foster brother. You could also write about positive memories you have of your foster brother, and tell him what you would like to do in order to repair your relationship with him. You could include poems and other stories you've found online that are related to your situation. You could tell him about this thread and all the responses you received. You could tell your foster brother about your relationship with your foster parents, and how you'd like to earn their respect. You could talk about problems at school, with friends, etc. and ask him for support regarding all of those things. Just start typing or writing, and don't use "word count". Give the letter to your foster parents or foster brother, and if they want you to keep writing, THEN keep writing. Perhaps they only said 5000 words so you'd realize how "serious" this situation is. I don't see how they'd be upset with, say, 3000 or 4000 words instead of 5000 words, as long as what you've written is sincere. They are punishing you because they want you to realize that what you did was wrong. They want you to learn from your mistakes and strive to be a better person in the future. Basically, they are giving you a child-like punishment now so that you can learn to grow up into an adult, with an adult's maturity and an adult's level of responsibility. They don't want you to become an adult in age only, and end up in jail someday - perhaps for the rest of your life - because you failed to learn critical life lessons as a 13-year-old.

I wish you all the best. <3

(#8 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Madeleine Claire

Re: Help! Have to write an apology letter to my foster brother? - June 5th 2011, 11:37 PM

I agree with Robin, and pretty much everyone else. I do think that that is a lot of words, but it would be somewhat easy for me because I can talk forever.

Just tell him a very long story, about why you did what you did in order for him to have to end up bailing you out. Apologize in detail for the way you acted. It may end up being 99% crap, but try to put some real emotion in there too.

Let us know how writing it goes?

Closed Thread