TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Angry Screw Life At home, Im going to the Barn (HELP) - June 7th 2011, 02:10 AM

Okay so It all started when my mom died about 4 years ago. My dad was depressed, and still not over it. My brother and I learned to "fend for ourselves" for the most part. I dont mind, I'm EXTREMELY independent and like to do things my way. So anywho, My dad met this woman,I dont mind her usually, BUT, she has an 11 year old son. Now this kid in a pain in my ass. I HATE him. Everything he does aggravates me. Hes a mini copy of my twin brother, who pretty much ruins every chance of a relationship I ever had. So, My dads Girlfriend, hereandthereafter called "Sue", get on my nerves alot. She keeps trying to be all friendly to me, which I dont mind, but my attitude is like " I got this, I really dont need your help, so Fuck off!" in a nicerish way. She also has a cat. I HATE this cat. its name is fuzz and its evil. one minuite i was petting in the next night it was attacking me. (Sue admits the cat bites and "plays rough" but seems 100% unconcerned) This Fuzz cat thing also pees, EVERYWHERE. It has a litter box, but it prefers the rugs. Okay so sues kid hereandthereafter called Bill, also lives with us. We have a log cabin house, with a roomy loft. My brother and I have our on bedrooms on the second floor, share and bathroom, and previously, the loft. So Bill comes along and takes over the loft, the ENTIRE loft, the Big 63" tv and pretty much my friend and I's hangout space. NOT COOL. but honestly thats the least of my issues.
So my brother and Bill are CONSTANTLY mocking me, Every day about everything. No matter what I do, or say, they mock me with it. Prettymuch bullying me to where I ALMOST thought about killing myself. So yeah, thats everyday. Sue, claims to say something to them, but she doesnt. and It keeps getting worse. My dad tells me Im over reacting, and to "Chill out" Im told that boys will be boys, and dnt let it bother it. But reality check, It does. Today for example Both my brother and Bill got $400 Droid 2's. out of randomness. No special occasion at all. Where my new upgrade, " Oh you have to wait for your birthday" Comming straight from my dad. Thats real cool. My brother porpusly (sp) DESTROYED his old phone, in hopes he'd get a new one. Neither of the two boys have done Jack Shit around the house.
I ride horses. I own two horses and honestly, they are my rock. If they left, I would prob. Kill myself, they are the ones I keep pushing for. So Sense November of 2010, Ive been getting off the schoolbus at the barn. id get there around three and be "finished" by 6ish. Im there everyday and cant get enough of it. I can be me there, and just relax and focus on me and my equine partner. My dad, is an A$$ about it. He complains about money, and this and that. I WORK there. I clean my horses two stalls EVERYDAY so that he can pay $180 instead of $375 a month. I am also Taking on an extra stall everyday ( that makes 3 stalls) so that my 2nd horse can board for free. Thats ALOT of for for a 13 year old. I also feed every Tues and Thurs. with a rotating wed and Sat. So I try to do extra work so my dad can save money. Ever sense Sue came around, they keep yelling at me about how much money i waste, and that I should basicly give up my dream of riding Horses and all that. As a family My dad has payed the EXACT same ammount sense I leased my first pony from my trainer back in 2008ish. I work hard to pay as little as possible, and the barn is where I want to be. Its where Im truely happy.
I cant handle the stress at home and I dont know what to do. I try to let the little things slide, but one after another keeps adding and I feel like an ant. Ive been through my mothers death, and my Beloved pony, Smokeys death. ( Smokey was owned by my trainer, but i leased him for 2 years. He was my rock after my mom, and with him gone too, it REALLY hard.) I geuss i just need some advice, or support or something.. If you read all this write I understand.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Madeleine Claire

Re: Screw Life At home, Im going to the Barn (HELP) - June 7th 2011, 02:54 AM

Hey hun..

I'm sorry that things are so hard for you right now, I'm sorry about your mom.

I think that you need to sit down with your dad and Sue and tell them how you feel about the way that Bill treats you. You don't need to do it in a way that seems like you're telling on him, but if he has honestly drove you to thoughts of suicide then you should tell someone.

Explain to your dad that the stables are your haven. And that you're trying really hard to clean them so that it's cheaper to house the horses. Tell him that you wouldn't be doing that much work if you didn't really care about the horses and being there.

I'm sorry about Smokey. That would be difficult to lose a beloved pet so soon after your mother, especially if you felt like that was what helped you through.

It'll be okay, but I do think that you really need to talk to your dad. And if you ever wanna talk I'm here for you to talk to. <3

Closed Thread