TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
NisaBoo818 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nisa

Question Was my reaction reasonable??? - June 8th 2011, 01:34 AM

** WARNING . . . Its kinda long. Not VERY LONG but . . . Its not short either. **

Okay. This girl . . . Let's call her Amy & I had been best friends for like 3 years & we were SUPER CLOSE until like . . . September. What happened was, we got into high school & started talking to dofferent people (her group of friends were more out going than I'm comfortable & mine were too 'boring' for her) & she come up to me randomly one day during lunch like "so I guess you found a new best friend" & I was like "what??" & she walked off so I just let it go. Then the next day DURING CLASS she hands me this note & its like 2 pages long & I was like "I'll read it later" & then at the end of class she takes it back & tried to read it to me but I was like "I have to get to class completely across the building. I'll read it later" & she got all mad. Well at lunch she was sitting 3 people away from me & starts trash talking about me to the guy that I had liked at the time. At the time we had similar hairstyles & one of her friends tugged my hair & noticing that it was me said "I'm so sorry! I thought you were Amy." & Amy said "Oh please. That ugly b**** is ^not me." Well by this time everybody at the table is wondering why I'm so quiet and calm (that's a VERY bad sign but only a select few people know that about me) & I got up & walked off. Well my mom works at the Middle School next door & heard about it & decided to talk to her mother about it but after that happened I was DONE with Amy. I didn't speak to her other than at the meeting our mothers arranged (during which she LIED THROUGH HER TEETH about what happened) & but I didn't ignore her. If she said hey, I said hey back. My mom & Amy & my close mutual friends all say that I was unintentionally harsh to her but I don't feel that I was. From what's been said: does it seem like I was harsh?? I tried to keep my mouth shut to MAKE SURE that I wasn't mean to her (there was A LOT that I wanted to say to her) but maybe it didn't work. Was my reaction reasonable??

Some people you can never please You might as well just let them be . . . . . .
But I won't bow down even if the whole world thinks I'm CRAZY

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: Was my reaction reasonable??? - June 8th 2011, 01:47 AM

I think your reaction was perfectly reasonable, and you weren't harsh to her at all. Quite frankly, I think you handled it incredibly maturely for someone your age.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
NisaBoo818 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nisa

Cool Re: Was my reaction reasonable??? - June 8th 2011, 07:47 PM

Okay. Because I try not to be mean to people, intentionally or unintentionally. I did apologize to her saying if I did anything to hurt her I was sorry but I didn't think I did anything. Thanks for your help

Some people you can never please You might as well just let them be . . . . . .
But I won't bow down even if the whole world thinks I'm CRAZY

Closed Thread