TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SessyRocks Offline
Not a n00b

Name: April

Over a pizza - March 12th 2009, 12:36 AM

Today started out just great. My five year old nephew came over in the morning and we played out in my backyard for a while. Then we spent nearly an hour pulling oranges off of the tree in my backyard and then juicing them by hand. I even recorded him juicing the oranges. He pretended he was a famous chef and that I was recording him so he could be on TV. Fast forward to a few minutes ago. My nephew, my mom, and I were coming home from the store and my older sister (my nephew's mom) calls. My mom asked her if she could bring a pizza for dinner when she came over. My sister agreed but said if my mom could pick up the pizza and my sister would pay my mom for it. On the way to pick up the pizza my mom realizes she doesn't have any money left at all in her wallet to buy the pizza and says we'll just make something at home. So I call up my sister and tell her this, she becomes angry and says she's coming over to pick up my nephew and leave. I didn't really understand what the big deal was. I don't understand why my sister couldn't have picked up the pizza, or why we couldn't have just eaten whatever food we have in our fridge. Then when my sister does get here to pick up my nephew she's crying and screaming at me and my mom saying it wasn't right that we had told my nephew we were going to eat pizza. Naturally, my nephew becomes scared. I wanted to punch my sister, she was making such a huge deal over a pizza. My mom and sister argued in our front yard, again, simply over a pizza. My nephew had bought a toy earlier at the store, and his mom wouldn't even let him take it home because he had used my mom's money to buy it. I don't understand my sister's thinking. Getting so angry just because her son wasn't going to eat pizza for dinner? He didn't even care, he said he wanted a grilled cheese sandwhich instead. I felt very frustrated when I started this thread...now I'm slowly becoming numb inside. I am kind of used to this kind of thing. The only thing that still bothers me and always will is how all of this happened in front of my nephew. I grew up in this kind of hostile environment where everyone was fighting and screaming at one another half of the time. I hate that he has to endure it too.
  Send a message via AIM to SessyRocks  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
St.Vincent Offline
Edna
I've been here a while

Name: Edna

Re: Over a pizza - March 12th 2009, 12:42 AM

Wow. That sounds like a storm. Is your sister ok? Maybe she's stressed about something?

I guess you'll have to love your nephew twice as much to make up for it. I grew up in a similar crossfire.. not easy at all.

Feel better.. sounds like you had a rough day.

I am waylaid by Beauty. Who will walk
Between me and the crying of the frogs?

(My PM box is always open.. if I can't help you, I'll find someone who can)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Name: Amanda Kate

Re: Over a pizza - March 12th 2009, 01:04 AM

I can honestly relate to this, sadly. My family members do not communicate enough and all of us spend a lot of time stressed. Something happens and then someone cracks, blowing up at someone else. We've had our fair share of fights in the front yard as well. It always looks bad, because I tend to end up out there with no shoes on and someone's baby on my hip.

I would give your sister some time to calm down and would call her up. Offer to talk if she wants, she might need someone to vent to. I doubt the pizza was really the source of her anger.

The time that you spent with your nephew sounds amazing. It makes me think that I should spend more time with my cousin. He usually ends up coming at a bad time for me, like right after a long day or when I'm in the middle of a conversation with a friend. He's also very pesky and into everything, but I really need to step back and spend more time with him. He's getting a new sibling soon as well (which he wants to name Rufus, of all things!) and he won't be the center of attention anymore. I want to manage to keep things special for him.

--A

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SessyRocks Offline
Not a n00b

Name: April

Re: Over a pizza - March 12th 2009, 05:40 AM

[quote=udontno;79847]The time that you spent with your nephew sounds amazing. quote]

I really love my nephew. I sometimes get annoyed with him of course He's five and can at times have a smart mouth on him, but I try to enjoy each day that I get to spend with him. Personally, I find we both have more fun if we're doing something we both enojoy. He loves doing anything in the kitchen and I love dogs. So we do a lot of baking for my two dogs lol. My sister sent me an email, which I just read before coming on to here, saying all kinds of things that supposedly my mom's doing wrong and saying my aunt and uncle are mad at my mom too. I usually don't side with my mom in these fights, I tend to stay out of them since usually they both do things to each other, but this time I don't see that my mom did anything wrong at all. My sister just blew up out of no where. I responded to my sister's email saying I didn't understand why it was a life and death matter to her that her son eat pizza for dinner and that I would not get involved in the fight. She didn't seem very concerned about him when she was screaming at my mom in the front yard and my nephew was crying out in fear in the backseat of her car. I don't think it's fair. He was put through that for nothing. Knowing my sister, he won't even be allowed to come over for a while. I probably won't even see him on his birthday next Monday. For his sake I wish we didn't belong to this family.
  Send a message via AIM to SessyRocks  
Closed Thread