TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jakeeeboy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

i need some help (of course) - March 12th 2009, 02:02 AM

to everyone who will listen,

I'm new here, i don't know how you guys post your problems, but this is how i'm going to post mine.

i used to have a good life. back when i was 6. My parents divorced when i was 9, and now they don't even come close to comprehending my issues with them. i feel like the only competent person in either of my households. i still live with both of my parents, we switch parents every week. i dont have any friends near either of my parents houses. the people that i label "friends" torture me daily. i cant go to my parents because they will make a big deal about it, although its starting to seem like a big deal. i used to listen to country and pop, but now i need my music to reflect my feelings, i listen to hard rock, metal, and alternative rock now. i know it seems like no biggie, but you don't know how much ive been deprived of because of the divorce, i have never been to a rockets game, and probably never will, never been to a concert, havent gone to see a movie in about a year, and my parents are smoking now more than ever. they are literally killing me from the inside with the secondhand smoke. it might not seem like a big deal to you, but i want my old life back. i would give up everything for an average life.

thanks for your concern,
jake

(#2 (permalink)) Old
love2laugh Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: i need some help (of course) - March 12th 2009, 03:37 AM

This may sound really harsh but, you're not going to get your old life back. You have to make the most of your new life. Talk to your parents about what's bothering you. If your friends aren't that great, find new ones! I know it'll be hard, but a lot of this is a mindset.

Drop me a PM anytime, about anything!
I would love to talk to you!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jessielove Offline
Happily In Love. <3
Average Joe

Name: Jessie

Re: i need some help (of course) - March 12th 2009, 04:17 AM

I agree with love2laugh.
Everyone goes through hard times.
And you're changing to add to the fact. You're 13, we all change as we get older. When I turned 13 I went from being a tomboy to being a scene kid.
As for the friends, make new ones. Sure, it's hard, but sooner or later you'll realize it was worth it.
Life will get better at some point, you just gonna work through. Not everything is gonna be good, just smile and brush it off. It could always be worse.

When you fall, don't always expect someone to pick you up. Do it yourself, you're stronger then you think. Brush yourself off and keep your head high.

"She loves me, she loves me not, despite the fact I smell like pot, I write this poem to you Jessie, are you my lady love to be?" -
sphynx

Send a message via AIM to Jessielove Send a message via Skype™ to Jessielove 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Gavsman Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: i need some help (of course) - March 12th 2009, 04:37 AM

you just can make a change in your life if you go and talk with your parents as to what you want.........as they are your parents i am sure that they will consider what you are saying and you just might get one or two rockets games atleast

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: i need some help (of course) - March 12th 2009, 11:00 AM

hey jake.

firstly, you've got to talk more to your parents... and tell them how much the second hand smoke thingy is bothering you. and i know this life is not easy . at all. but the thing is.. you have to tell both your parents how much you miss both of them together.

and i know this will seem far-fetched. but try ( i know it'll be hard ) bringing your parents together and have them remember the reason they first fell in love in the first place so the drama, i know. but sometimes in life.. you've gotta go the extra mile. I believe that everything can be right again.. cause you deserve that happy life cause you're an individual. EVERY individual deserves to be happy

in case you need any support, always remember we're right here

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
DemonQueen Offline
amber_teh_shark since 2004
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Re: i need some help (of course) - March 12th 2009, 11:32 AM

I would definately talk to your parents about this, Jake. Tell them everything you've told us. About the friend situation, the smoking situation. My parents are separated and I, too, have never been to a game or a concert. It's like they keep you to themselves, right? Explain that to them as well. Let them know you want to have a life and while you're still young you want to get the most out of it.

While you are only 13 I am going to tell you this - it does get easier. I was 13, too. I know how it feels to have no friends around and to do things pretty much by yourself. But it does get easier. If you need anything at all just send me a PM, I'll check it ASAP. Just talk to your parents and make sure they're together when you do it. They'll need to talk to you and to each other as well. Who knows, maybe this can all work out for the better and your parents could get back together? Mine did.

I've been through hell and back and came out stronger than ever.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: i need some help (of course) - March 12th 2009, 09:41 PM

Hi there Jake,

Have you tried talking to your parents about this? It's always tough when parents split up, but they still care about you. They may just be stressed and think they don't have time to go to games, concerts, or movies. The best thing to do about this is to just talk to them and ask them if they want to do these things with you. Sometimes you need to take the initiative to get them going.

As for your 'friends', I don't think you should be hanging around anyone who is torturing you. That's not a good thing at all. I suggest trying to talk to new people at your school or joining an activity out of school where you can meet some new people.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#8 (permalink)) Old
jakeeeboy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: i need some help (of course) - March 12th 2009, 09:51 PM

thanks all you guys for the help and advice. its gunna take some time before i have a chance to work it out with my parents. as for my friends, i've already been working on deciding who my "you can always lean on me" friends are. I can tell already that 90% of my "friends" arent worth the trouble. You guys have already been a bigger help than i could have hoped for. Thanks for all the help!

-Jake

Closed Thread