TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Attention..? - January 9th 2009, 09:24 PM

I really feel like an idiot admitting this, I honestly do. & I'm not sure if this is in the right section, but someone can move it if it's not.
But basically, sometimes I feel like my one friend is constantly ignoring me, and it really hurts me...a lot, because everyone has always ended up ditching me whenever I needed them. So is it so wrong to sometimes just want to tell her that I've self harmed a lot, and that I think I'm depressed, just so that maybe she doesn't ignore me anymore? I know that sounds childish and pathetic. But I'm sick of being nobody important, and just being cast aside and ignored. And the thing that I hate is that I think I would do just about anything to be accepted. By anyone. I'd change who I am, do things I shouldn't...just to make someone SEE me for once. I act like this stuff doesn't bother me, but it hurts me so much. So many of my 'friends' have hurt me in the past, and I just dont want that anymore. I want to belong and matter in someone's life, but no one wants me around..they could care less if I'm in the room or not. And it hurts. Really bad...It's honestly getting to the point where I dont think I can take it at all anymore. Sorry if I sound pathetic..I know I am.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Adean Offline
Almost 4000 posts.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mary

Re: Attention..? - January 9th 2009, 09:50 PM

Telling her just to make her care seems a little bit wrong. I've done something similar and it can stress the relationship. I think it would be better to talk to her about how you feel that she is ignoring you before you try to guilt her into watching out for you.

Maybe you can try to search out new friends in your school or through other means such as clubs or sport teams? A lot of people meet new friends through work, but you are a little young for that.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SillyEvee Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: EV

Re: Attention..? - January 9th 2009, 11:16 PM

Hi Amanda,

Like Mary said, telling your friend those things just to get attention might strain your relationship. Your friend might think that you're blaming her for you SH or depression. Also, it's very rare that friends know how to deal when a friend. It could really scare or worry her.
But if you're feeling ignored, you should tell her. Ask her to hang out more.
One of the tricky things about depression is that it's very hard to believe that there are people who care about you, but there are. There really really are. And it's probably not very convincing coming from a total stranger. When you're depressed, it's hard to see that.
Really, though, you should talk to your friend about how you feel. Tell her honestly and sincerely and you might be very pleasantly surprised.
I hope that helps. If you ever want to talk more, but send me a PM.

--Evee

--EV--
Congrats Canada's Juniors! 5 in a row!
Last Sunday morning, the sunshine felt like rain.
Week before, they all seemed the same.
And oh, I ain't wastin' time no more
Cause time goes by like hurricanes, and faster things.
--The Allman Brothers Band

Things seem impossible until you start to do them.

PM me anytime. I love to talk. :]

Closed Thread