TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
gloves123 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Rashel

Angry misunderstanding parents - July 4th 2011, 12:33 PM

my parents have this computer program that tracks where me and my brother go, what we write, and it blocks certain sites. luckly it dosent block this one huh? anyway.... they say that they can check where weve been anytime and that they have..... but i dont think they have.....and if they have..then they are being cruel. if they checked and know how often i come here and arnt doing anything then thats cruel. so either they are being cruel or they havent checked yet. and if they think theyre going to have me comeing up to them to tell them about my deep deep deep depression then they are wrong. they just don't understand... they think they know me and the whole me but they only know a small bit of me.they think they know when im sad but they don't most of the time! they can even tell when theyer daughter almost comited SUICIDE that day! (long ago, about febuary or so.) my parents even saw my scars when they were more grewsome looking! my dad saw them at a music fest for school band and he was worried so my mom came up to my room a week later and asked to see my arms and she bought the fake storys i thought up!(i fell, got scratched, got ramed into a locker) they even think that they have already gone through everything im going through! Ok lets see.. did they get ditched by friends 2 times, did they have depression for 2 years and counting, did they atemte suicide? did they cut themselves? did they spend alot of time alone because you just wanted to be isolated from your own private hell?! i dont think so!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
lea-x-fallen Offline
.just me.
Average Joe

Name: leanne
Location: in my mind, england, sunny side down, raining side up

Re: misunderstanding parents - July 4th 2011, 04:15 PM

parents sometimes just dont understand, but its important to be able to trust them, and the reason they have that programm im going to assume is that they care for you and want to make sure your safe
that is a good thing
but taunting you with it is awful, have you tried telling them how it makes you feel? or just ignore them, i'm also uncertain iof such a thing exsists

but i know sometimes parents are naive and stupid. my dad once came in after i cut myself and because i told him i caught myself after running from an arguement he believed me. he did that because he couldnt have seen it as anythign else. do you mask how you feel? if you do they won't be able to see you any other way. its hopw peopel are, they try to see the best in peopel thery love

it sounds liek very few peopel could understand how you feel, but on here there are people youi can talk to *husg*

i hope it gets better real soon honey xxx

leave me alone i'm not an angel

and i know i'm losing my mind for no real gain

<if you want to get out alive, run for your life>

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: misunderstanding parents - July 4th 2011, 05:02 PM

Have you ever considered just telling your parents the truth? I mean, you can't really complain about their failing to recognize the signs when you post everything on a website instead of talking to them, you hide your emotions when around them, and you lie to them when they ask about the physical signs of self-harm. I don't think they're choosing to ignore your pain... I think they may honestly be unaware of what you're going through, because you've never opened up to them!

You're 13, so it's understandable that your parents would want to protect you from dangerous websites and online predators. I don't know if they really have software tracking your every movements. They may be able to see where you've gone, but they may not be able to see every single detail (ex. what you typed, how long you spent on a particular website). So they may know about TeenHelp, but they may not know what your username is or why you go there. They may have never bothered to look at the websites being logged on their software.

The bottom-line is that if you want help, you can get help - and your parents are a resource you haven't utilized yet. They're with you every day, and they obviously care about you (otherwise, your father and mother wouldn't have bothered to ask about the scars). You can say, "But they won't believe me!" or "But they won't do anything!", but until you've actually talked to them about what's going on, without the lies and hiding of emotions, you won't really know one way or the other.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread