TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MarinesRProud Offline
Evan
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Evan

Exclamation I hate my brother so much - July 6th 2011, 08:49 PM

Hey guys im new here I just registered and this is my first post. I would like to point out a few things before I go on to my full "story", #1 my brother has autism, ADHD, and bipolar disorder.

#2 My parents have recently got divorced and my dad is going (quite literally) mentally insane, he has lied, stolen money, hid things in secret crawlspaces, saying he had CANCER when he did not he had a like %1 chance of something wrong with his thyroid or something, he hit us with belts (not beat, or on a constant basis, but just did it even on things that could've been talked out, and in these times its even illegal to do so with a belt.), he forged my mom's signature to sign legal documents, cussed out my mom every two seconds, faked being someone else and sent an email to my mom saying things about himself, and finally he lied to my mom about our morgage for the five years we've lived in this house and he hasn't paid it at all, for five years, and all that debt is going to my mom, and now our house is being foreclosed on by July 20th...

Oh and me and my brother have primary immune defiency disorder, which basically means our bodies don't make enough antibodies/white blood cells to fight off disease/infection/illness, so we get sick basically all the time, I've have pneumonia, bronchitis, mononucleosis, H1N1, and basically everything else under the sun, and we have to get weekly "infuzions" which take the white blood cells from people's donated blood (that is then refined into a medical syrum) and injected into our stomach area through three needles.

So with all these things in mind me (im 13) and my brother (he's almost 16), and 3 year old sister) are a little stressed out, so i'd like to start from the beginning with my brother and me. Since I was born (and my mom and brother have confirmed this) my brother has absolutely hated me for being born, because in his mind, I stole all my parents attention and diverted it to me. So for this reason when we were little, and I was probably 4, he slammed my face into the arm of a chair (which was hard, unpolished wood, because my dog chewed off the covering, and the wood) and knocked at least one tooth out. Throughout my early childhood he tormented me every chance he got, and he took advantage of the fact that I couldn't speak or use correct vocabulary or fully explain what happened without sounding like a total liar. So whenever my parents left the room which was often because my dad worked (so he wasn't at home all day) and my mom was usually breaking up fights between my half-brother (now 25) and half-sister (now 27), he just would be so mean, and what the hell could I do, I was little, I couldn't speak out, he *doesnt* listen to the word stop, and when I cried it just fueled his taunting. Just to let you know my mom/gramma says "oh its not his fault, he's not in control" so when I was little and still now, how the fuck am I supposed to think "oh well this little bastard in front of me is making me cry, he's not the fuck in control of himself" no I still believe he has a choice in making me the target for his aggression if hes not in control who is? its not like hes on vodka or weed.

So onward to when I moved to this house and when I learned to speak well. Ok by this time (I am now 8-13) I had gained weight, not to the point of obesity or anything I was just over-weight for my age, but just to the point where it was the main focus for his psychological attacks, every waking moment, every day, every minute I stepped outta my room its "FATTY, TUBBY, FAT TUB OF SHIT/LARD, GO EAT A TWINKIE YOU FAT BITCH, LIFT UP YOUR SHIRT FATTIE, YEAH THOSE ARE SOME BIG BREASTS YOU GOT THERE, OINK OINK PIGGY, WANT SOME CHOCOLATE TUBBY?" so by this time to my very core I absolutely hated him, I wanted to kill him, in my mind I see this person that chooses to act this way to me, someone who was born and never did anything to him and he treats me this way, and I never did anything to him unless I was provoked.

My mom or gramma or dad, never ever punished him the way I was, it was never equal or fair, I describe it like this, he hides behind his "wall of diplomatic immunity" and uses it to do whatever the hell he wants, even if he wasn't in "control" of himself I shouldn't have to deal with it my whole life, do people who aren't in control when they drink alcohol or smoke pot get to walk free when they do bad things while under the influence? no.

They always expect me to deal with him, to accept him, to LOVE HIM, while all the while he is calling me names, literally every moment I step out of my room, even if I was still in my room he would bang on my door yelling tubby you in there you piece of shit?, which is why I don't leave my room often anymore, can you fricking believe this? My view on this is they want him to get away and have a freaking free pass until hes and adult then, then he will fuck up and have no life, no job, no girlfriend, and be a sad piece of **** and kill himself.

Oh and did I mention he has, cut my mom with a razor (when he was like 5 and he was sent to a mental facility for like 2 weeks) he has punched 2 big holes in the walls in my house, he has broken at least 3 cabinets in fits of rage, he has pulled out kitchen knives on my mom several times, he has threatened to shoot me with his BB gun, he has said he will commit sucide on at least 4 different occassions, listen to this, this tops it all off, ok we went to the store one day everything was cool my mom me and my sister and brother all went, it was like 80 degrees, we got some like burger king prior to going in the store, my mom asked my brother if he wanted to go in with us and said "it'll be a little while we have to get some perscriptions and a few thins" he replied "no im fine i'll eat my burger king in the car". So my mom took the keys in with us so the car was off, we were in the store for maybe 30-45 minutes max. Then we come back to the car...and he is freaking staring us down like we just killed jesus I mean he looked like he was about to just run out of the car and kill us. So we approached with a few bags, I put them in the car while my mom buckled my sister in her carseat and asked my brother "whats with the face" and he is like "mom WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU ITS SO FUCKING HOT OUT" while the doors were unlocked, he could have easily left the car to go inside where there was A/C, but he chose to stay, after he ate, in an 80 degree car when he was wearing shorts, short sleeve shirt and a hat, which isnt all that bad at all, and so we start driving home and he is ranting saying "IM GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU ITS CHILD ABUSE YOU LEAVING ME IN THE CAR, IM GONNA BEAT YOU TO DEATH AND MAKE EVERYONE WATCH, AND LIKE IT" then I called my gramma and popa and told them what was happening and they were yelling at him through my phone, and he smackes my phone outta my hand, but the call is still going (hes in passenger seat, im in seat behind him), then my mom threatens to call police and yells at him to stop yelling and he OPENS THE CAR DOOR IN MID-DRIVE AND SAYS IM GOING TO COMMIT SUCIDE and says later it was to get her to "shut her bitchy mouth" then after a little while, my mom stops the car and tells him to get out, and he refuses saying "im not gonna get out you need to stop your damn bitching and EXPLAIN WHY I WAS IN THE CAR IN 80 DEGREE WEATHER." he later says he stayed in the car to quote "I thought someone was going to STEAL THE CAR" IT WAS BROAD FUCKING DAYLIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF A CROWDED FUCKING PARKING LOT IN HAPPYVILLE, fucking great scapegoat. Then we get home and my brother chases my mom while my mom is 5f 3i and he is almost 6feet tall, my moms call police, police don't show up until an hour later, and I am forced to watch my brother chase my mom calling her a bitch saying he will beat her to death and like it, and then after maybe 20 minutes he calmed down a little and sat down in the garage, and I said "do you really think the police will think that YOU were being abused, and that mom will go to jail?" and he said "yes.", and I saw this as the perfect oppurtunity to cuss him out and call him every bad thing I could thing of. When the police came an hour later from when we got home, he gave my brother a fair talking to, he said stuff like you have to do what your mom tells you to do, and said "Im sorry but, sitting out in a car in 80 degree weather eating chicken nuggets isn't abuse" all the while now my brother is STARING THE COP DOWN?!?!?! wtf. I had my mom ask the officer if you can press charges (as a minor) against another minor/sibling, he said "yes you can but it is strenuating and costly", also he describing the definition of "assault" he said "assault is when you threaten to hurt/kill someone, and/or physically intimidate them via snarling facial expressions and what have you" IF I HAD KNOWN THIS EARLIER HE COULD HAVE BEEN IN JAIL [Edited]

Oh I wanted to point out a few more things about my brother, he sleeps in a room with two big dogs (rotwieler/something mix, and a black lab/coon hound mix) who are locked in his room all day because those are his only friends , he slept in my parents room until he was 13 years old (in their beds until he was like 11 but on their floor on an air matress until he was 13) and to this day sleeps in my grammas bedroom when we go over there to spend the night . Oh and he walks around in underwear w/no shirt on and thinks its cool, he also sings while he poops?wtf? he used to leave the fucking door open until like 1 month ago while he took dumps so when I walked by the bathroom I saw his fucking pants dropped , he didn't start taking showers until he was 14, he didn't have his own friends until he was 14, he only steals my friends and calls them his even though they are my age and go to my school and I met them first and he only talks to them because he has no life. OH and he farts on people and thinks its funny and my mom thinks it acceptable, he also cusses at everyone even my little sis who I cherish because I see her like I saw myself, because my brother is every bit as dickish to her as to me. He thinks farting/fart jokes are funny.... Oh one time he had two xbox live friends and actually thought of them as real friends and called them and wanted my mom and their mom to talk???wtffffffffffffffffffffffff

Ok now the part I wanted to talk about, now he has met what he calls a "girlfriend", but up until today I didn't know how he met him since we are never in school and he has no social life/friends and girls hate him. SO TODAY I found out he met a GIRL on Xbox Live who he claims to be his girlfriend, which I find very disturbing, because he BRAGGS about it, he says OH EVAN I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHH even though he has never kissed a girl and I have 3 times he texts her and thinks its cool. So I want comments on all of this if you even can read it all its like a biography lolz ESPECIALLY what you think I should do about this cyber girlfriend I cant have him rub his braggy internet c**k down my throat can I?

THANK YOU GUYS I HAVE NEVER HAD A CHANCE TO TALK ABOUT THIS PLEASE READ AND COMMENT I LOVE YOU

big brothers suck little brothers FTW

Last edited by PSY; July 6th 2011 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Please avoid using potentially offensive racial descriptions on TeenHelp.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: I hate my brother so much - July 6th 2011, 11:18 PM

Wow! I'm glad you were able to get all of that off your chest! I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to live with your brother.

The police officer you spoke to is either an idiot or misinformed. Yes, taking your brother to court and suing him would be time-consuming and costly... but what he failed to mention is that the correct way to deal with a mentally unstable and violent minor child is to GET HIM HELP! That doesn't mean taking him to court and suing him. (By the way, what would you even get for suing a 16-year-old boy? Your brother probably doesn't have any real money in savings...)

What you and your mother need to do is contact the police again, as well as child services, and get in touch with people who can help you and your family. If your brother suffers from autism, ADHD, and bipolar disorder, then he needs to see a psychologist or psychiatrist on a regular basis. He will probably need medication as well. If your mother cannot afford to seek treatment for your brother, and if your brother's condition does not improve, then it would be in everyone's best interests to have him re-located. That could mean anything from long-term hospitalization (where your brother can receive treatment and wrap up his GED while under the supervision of professionals) to actually having him placed with another family who can meet the various burdens of ensuring your brother will receive the care he needs. What I really, REALLY want to emphasize is that you and your mother need to be persistent with the police and child services. You cannot accept "no" as an answer. They need to know the whole truth and realize how dangerous your brother is, both to himself and to others. Tell them what you told us, and all the things you didn't get around to telling us. Explain your financial situation as well.

I wish you all the best. Please keep us updated on your situation!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MarinesRProud Offline
Evan
Welcome me, I'm new!

Red face Re: I hate my brother so much - July 7th 2011, 02:24 AM

Oh yes he and I both go to pyschiatrist like about every 3 months to both talk to him about things, and to get medication perscriptions. Im sorry if I didn't get that included in my effort to troll all my anger into a big summary . My mom is very good about medical/pyschological things, what I failed to mention is my mom was a special-ed teacher for maybe 1-2 years until she got hit (accidently) by a student of hers (it wasn't his fault though) and her head fell into the metal chalk rack and she had to go to the hospital, and now she has some memory problems and things, but she tries her hardest to get us medical/pyschological help.

I went to therapy since I was like maybe 7 to like 10 then again at like 11/12 to recently, and my brother went to therapy too, but the problem is that I never talk about things to my therapist, I mean he asks me questions about like "hows it going at home with your brother" and stuff but like I would never go into depth at all like in the summary I wrote, mainly because it would sound like fiction and because I have a terrible time vocalizing my feelings into words unlike on paper and on the computer where I don't feel stressed and I think about words and I express myself fully. We don't go to therapy anymore because of the $$$$, but maybe sometime later. Also my brother does take medicine, ritalin, and maybe some other stuff, but the problem is, he refuses to take it most of the time, it doesn't last that long, and it isn't potent enough. I mean its not like it sedates him, it just like "stabilizes his mood" but his mood is so severe that a stable version is still bad.

Also I don't know how I can emphasize this enough - my mom will do anything in her power to *keep him at home* - in her words, she doesn't want to do anything serious to him until he does something really bad which HAS ALREADY HAPPENED, I don't know what is too extreme for her to finally accept that he is just not friendly, hes already hit walls, people, and animals, hes already pulled knives and BB guns out on his family, hes already threatened to commit sucide at least 4 times maybe more. What I have explained to her is that she wants to hold on to him because she is his mom and she wants him no matter what, but that is fantasy because even if she can deal with him for her benefits, I cant and my sister cant, so I have explained what is realistic and what is her maternal instinct. If I even think about telling anyone in my family he is "different" I will be yelled at and punished, I cant use a whole page in the dictionary because of him. When I utter the words, crazy, pyscho, demented, insane, different, retard I am *immediately* villified like I have to accept his ways because I have to be the bigger person, well Im 13 and I say I don't ****ing want to anymore. Its like if you said the N word *near* black people but not at them, they would still beat you up lols.... I cant express this enough, I am NOT allowed to do anything to him that he would to do me, or anything else, because my family expects me to accept it and ignore it and basically have the willpower of jesus...

I just can't wait till hes 18 and goes away to get ________________.

I have the confidence, and in most cases the willpower, but its just that one time that I can't take it and I say something and everyone hates me... Its like hating africa for being undevolped to them. Its not my fault its africas...(that was an analogy.)

More comments please I need peoples views on this.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MarinesRProud Offline
Evan
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I hate my brother so much - July 7th 2011, 02:26 AM

Oh my mom makes 5,000$ a month in social security and a settlement from her disability. Also my family is somewhat wealthy but my mom doesnt like to ask for $$ and they don't like to overdue it, they are already trying to pay some for our new house...

Closed Thread