TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
niente_ Offline
Ex band geek, but still proud.
I've been here a while

Name: Niente

Do your friends kiss you? (friends of the opposite sex) - July 7th 2011, 07:20 PM

I've recently gone through a break up and since then two of my closest male friends have started kissing me when we hug. One kisses the top of my head when we hug. The other is rather more in to invading my personal space. We live together but he starts cuddling up to me when we watch TV, and keep kissing my cheek or my forehead or my neck. He's always been quite a touchy-feely guy,

But both of these guys in the past have admitted they have a crush on me.

So I was wondering if anyone else has close friends of the opposite sex who kiss them?

Sometimes it's better to forget how you feel
and remember what you deserve

S. M ... still in my heart, forever

(#2 (permalink)) Old
semiunbalanced Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kimmi

Re: Do your friends kiss you? (friends of the opposite sex) - July 7th 2011, 08:09 PM

I definitely had one friend who ALWAYS cuddled up to me no matter what. We held hands and he'd kiss me on the cheek and forehead and all that stuff. It didn't bother me until I got a girlfriend and kinda realized what he was doing. Now it drives me nuts. xD He's bisexual though (everybody thinks he's actually just gay but.. either way) I don't know if that makes a difference. xD I have friends who are girls who kiss me on the cheek when they hug me too. Some people are just more affectionate people overall. [:

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: Do your friends kiss you? (friends of the opposite sex) - July 7th 2011, 09:39 PM

No, that would be weird and inappropriate to me.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
HealingAngel Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Angie (or Ang)

Re: Do your friends kiss you? (friends of the opposite sex) - July 7th 2011, 09:45 PM

Sounds like they both like you honestly... I think you should definitely bring it to their attention. Just figure out a casual way to bring it up... But be prepared for them to say that yes, they do like you. Because you'll have to know who you like so that you can know your response to begin with. You might have to turn them down or let them know you don't feel the same, otherwise they might press forward more with a kiss on the lips, expect to become friends with benefits, or ask you out and then make a claim that you are a "tease" or that you "led them on". Also, if you don't say anything and they think you feel the same way back but see the other guy doing the same thing they could get a bit jealous.

When You're At The End Of Your Rope...
Tie A Knot... and Hold On... <3
- . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . -
I think I kinda, sorta, maybe... mighttt just love him after all...
- . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . -
Settle precious, I know what you're going through,
Minutes before you got here, I was going to jump too...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Do your friends kiss you? (friends of the opposite sex) - July 7th 2011, 10:27 PM

Yes here it's normal to greet people with a hug and a kiss in the check nothing out of the normal. When I go out with guy friends they all greet me with a hug and kiss same with girls when they introduce you to someone new handshake and kiss.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Robin

Re: Do your friends kiss you? (friends of the opposite sex) - July 8th 2011, 12:21 AM

I'm with Myss on this one. If one of my male friends kissed me ANYWHERE, regardless of whether I was single or taken, that would cross the line of friendship and be seen as a sign of wanting a relationship. If that wasn't their intention, then in my opinion, it would be completely inappropriate. If it was a cultural thing for them, then that'd be understandable... but in southern California, or at least in my circle of friends, it's not normal at all.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
PlayingPretend Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Elliotte

Re: Do your friends kiss you? (friends of the opposite sex) - July 8th 2011, 02:51 AM

I had a friend who would kiss me on the cheek/forehead/etc., and I loathed it. He could be extremely touchy feely and at one point grabbed my ass at which point he received a swift kick to the gonads and a very angry snarl. Never did it again. It was more or less what ended our friendship, the fact he wouldn't respect my personal boundaries. I find it invasive and inappropriate; not something I want from my friends, speaking personally.

If you feel you'd like additional support or to speak further with me, you can contact me through my personal Tumblr, Love Like An Hourglass (click), or PM me through TH.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Visionary
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Matt

Re: Do your friends kiss you? (friends of the opposite sex) - July 8th 2011, 12:54 PM

I have female friends and if they're distressed I might give them a hug and kiss them on the head, but nothing intimate.
I also don't like these people in a romantic manner.

One million miles away...

Closed Thread