TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ggggunit Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

no past memories with friends i have now - July 8th 2011, 01:20 PM

hey,
just this is somethin that kinda upsets me at times(altho im only 20 so it really shouldnt but it just does) well i start hanging out with a group who live in same neighbourhood as me. i know all of them since i was little but only start hanging out with them in last year and a half becoz i had to stay back a year in school so start hanging with a guy in my year whose like the leader of the group.

i had friends before but for few reasons like them moving away or falling out i found myself alone for a few years which really sucked.

now that im friends with them i just feel ive missed out on a lot because they have all been friends since they were like 11 or 12. its like every memory i have no, everything i was before(ok this might be a good thing) counts for nothing. and you know the way the older you get you dont really hang out like the way you do when your 14/15 so it upsets me i missed out on this time as myself.

i guess im just lookin for reassurance becoz its not like i didnt have fun when i was at those ages its just i wish my friends now wudda been around in those days.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Fill my heart with love.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ash

Re: no past memories with friends i have now - July 9th 2011, 05:40 AM

You cant go back in time (if only...) so just be grateful that you have great friends now. True friends are far and few between so hang on to them Good luck!

"When you've forgiven but you cant forget feels like your drowning but still got breath"

i love you.

YOU are beautiful no matter what and dont YOU forget it!!! <3

PM me if you need to talk!(:

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: no past memories with friends i have now - July 11th 2011, 07:08 AM

Honestly, I think the previous poster gave the best advice you could possibly receive. =) There's no point in dwelling on the past. Yeah, it kind of sucks that you don't have the same childhood memories that your friends do... but you're not the only one who's lost touch with childhood friends. I certainly don't keep in touch with any of my friends from elementary school, let alone middle or even high school! My friends come and go - and they'll probably continue to do that for several more years, since I'm a college student and can't really "settle down" for a while. My life will continue to change, and yours probably will as well. Focusing on the past and what you've missed out on isn't going to help - so focus on the future and all the people you can meet NOW instead!

Closed Thread