TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
HealingAngel Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Angie (or Ang)

Not allowed to text him but I am anyway... Mom's going to check the phone records soon though... - July 13th 2011, 10:11 AM

Basically, she forbid me from texting my ex anymore, but honestly... we are best friends. I can't live without ever speaking to him so... as of tonight I've broken the rule. I mean, I have on facebook before but he couldn't talk on facebook for the night so now it's on the phone records. We have Verizon and according to Yahoo Answers (reliable enough for me...) it is completely possible to look up the records of the numbers I've been texting. So, basically I'm screwed unless I figure out how to get out of this... is there any possible way to get out of this BESIDES talking to her... wow that's a stupid question and I guess I already realize the answer is no but... ugh. I feel like I'm digging my own grave now... This sucks. Her and I haven't exactly been getting along lately but I just need her to let me breathe. She's smothering and I need to talk to him. It's too hard without him... But there's no possible way I can explain that to her... He just, he gets me...

When You're At The End Of Your Rope...
Tie A Knot... and Hold On... <3
- . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . -
I think I kinda, sorta, maybe... mighttt just love him after all...
Settle precious, I know what you're going through,
Minutes before you got here, I was going to jump too...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Not allowed to text him but I am anyway... Mom's going to check the phone records soon though... - July 13th 2011, 04:43 PM

Talk to your mom - today. "Mom, I know you told me to stop texting my friend, but I ended up texting him last night. I needed someone to talk to, and at that moment, he was available and it ended up helping me." It sounds like your mom knows talking to your friend/ex is stressful for you sometimes, and she just wants to protect you. There are times when talking to ex-partners can be helpful, though... it just depends on the context. You could try explaining that to your mom, then ask her what you should do. If you appear to be asking for advice on how to handle the situation, your mom may be more likely to understand and forgive you for breaking her rule. If you come across and rebellious or defensive, though, she's less likely to see things from your point-of-view.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Not allowed to text him but I am anyway... Mom's going to check the phone records soon though... - July 13th 2011, 04:58 PM

You're right, you answered your own question. You should talk to your mom, because honestly, that's the only way out of this in my opinion. You should come clean to her, and have a talk with her. This is your chance to have an adult talk with your mom about what you feel and think. I would tell her that you texted him. It is better she finds out from you and not through phone records. I think it might be beneficial to ask her why you're not allowed to talk to him. It may help you to better uderstand her position. But at the same time, you should explain to her that you're best friends. Explain to her why you like talking to him. It, too, could benefit her to know where you are coming from. But if your mom still forbids you to talk to your friend, then you have to obey her. It really sucks, buut if you go behind her back to talk to him, then she will lose trust in you. And trust me, losing your parents trust is not what you ultimately want. I hope everything works out. Take care

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Not allowed to text him but I am anyway... Mom's going to check the phone records soon though... - July 13th 2011, 10:58 PM

Telling her now will save you shit later. I agree with the above posters, I think you should explain it now while on the offensive before she acuses you and you are stuck on the defensive.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Kristen♡ Offline
A puzzle in the making
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kristen

Re: Not allowed to text him but I am anyway... Mom's going to check the phone records soon though... - July 14th 2011, 12:31 AM

Agreed. Talk to her now, it'll definitely save you some drama later.
Maybe make it a point that you'll agree to stop texting him again when
he begins to stress you out, but for now he's helping more than he's hurting.

I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons.
And maybe we’ll never know most of them.
But even if we don’t have the power to choose where we come from,
we can still choose where we go from there.
We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.

PM|VM|EMAIL
Colyn Riley ♥

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Not allowed to text him but I am anyway... Mom's going to check the phone records soon though... - July 14th 2011, 04:21 AM

There are 4 ways to get around the issue, although neither are easy.

First, it's illegal and I'm not advocating you do it I'm merely tossing out options, hack into the phone company and erase the call list. In all seriousness though, aside from this, try calling your service provider to see if they can erase the call list.

The remaining options cannot erase the numbers on the call list but they're measures you can take so in the future, the number won't appear on the call log.

Second, you can use something such as Skype (free unless you've already paid for it).

Third, I'm not sure if it's still available but you can text him using your computer instead of phone. It doesn't appear on your call log although it may appear on his, which isn't the concern.

Fourth, you can have him disguise his phone number. While this sounds odd, it IS legal. In Canada, we can sign up to be on a list where telemarketers from our area cannot call but some get around this by disguising their phone number, so it cannot be traced easily and it has a different area code. A relatively easy way to do this is to dial *67 (or depending on your phone, 1167) followed by the phone number. Certain phone plans will not allow such a call to go through so it doesn't always work. As for whether it will appear on the call log, I'm not sure. You may have to delete the phone number from your call list book programmed in your cell phone, especially for text messaging.
NOTE: Each time you call you would have to dial *67 (or 1167).

You may be able to view your call log online because many phone bills and such can be paid online. If so, try it out and see if it works.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#7 (permalink)) Old
HealingAngel Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Angie (or Ang)

Re: Not allowed to text him but I am anyway... Mom's going to check the phone records soon though... - July 14th 2011, 07:18 AM

Alright well I told her and... she flipped out. Ugh. I mean, she got pissed because I texted him at my friends house right after he broke up with me! She said I broke the rules again, but you know what, I got DUMPED. wow. Thanks for that sympathy mom, I can definitely feel the love in this relationship.

BUT. Brightside: I can text him again. Although I'm so angry with her right now...

When You're At The End Of Your Rope...
Tie A Knot... and Hold On... <3
I think I kinda, sorta, maybe... mighttt just love him after all...
Settle precious, I know what you're going through,
Minutes before you got here, I was going to jump too...

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Kell_Bell13 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Not allowed to text him but I am anyway... Mom's going to check the phone records soon though... - July 14th 2011, 04:24 PM

I had this SAME problem. The only difference was I broke up with him and my mom called me a bunch of stuff. He was really controlling because he didnt know how to be my boyfriend versus my friend. I just told my mom straight out- "We're still friends and I'm still gonna talk to him. You can take my phone,block his number, whatever you want but I will find a way because it's not right to keep me from him." My mom said that I could talk to him after that. She didn't even try to keep me away because she knew I was right.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Not allowed to text him but I am anyway... Mom's going to check the phone records soon though... - July 14th 2011, 04:39 PM

I'm glad that you can text him again. In the end, you probably saved yourself a lot of trouble. I'm sorry that your mom wasn't supportive. It's possible that she said things in heat of the moment. I would let things cool down. After, let her know that you're hurting right now and could use the support.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Not allowed to text him but I am anyway... Mom's going to check the phone records soon though... - July 14th 2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoroso View Post
I'm sorry that your mom wasn't supportive. It's possible that she said things in heat of the moment. I would let things cool down. After, let her know that you're hurting right now and could use the support.
I agree. Your mom may be thinking, "I KNEW this was going to happen... if only my daughter had listened to me!" Parents can get caught up in certain mindsets sometimes, and as a result, they fail to recognize when their children need comforting vs. lecturing. Give your mom time to cool down, then try talking to her again.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
CrystalJade Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Not allowed to text him but I am anyway... Mom's going to check the phone records soon though... - July 15th 2011, 04:11 PM

You should talk to her.

She can also see what you've been saying to each other if it's through text.

Closed Thread