TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Tiffany

what is the world coming to? - July 13th 2011, 04:58 PM

To start off, I know isn't none of buisness, but I want to get some answers to why my aunt is like this.

My aunt isn't a depressed person. She goes to college and loves to get out and have fun, but she has a major problem. She met this guy online back in 2004, and has never seen him before at all. They talk through facebook,text,and phone calls. Its scares me because one minute she thinks he is fake and one minute she don't. Everytime he says he is coming to TN to see her, He makes up excuses about why he couldn't come. This man has even claimed to be an hour away from her house, but yet has never showed up. She gets all mad, deletes him, and then calls my other aunt up to tell her how scared she is that he might come in and kill her or something, and then about a week later she tells us that the reason why he didn't come is down is because "She isn't ready to help raise another child, or ready welcome another man into the house as her husband because she want to finish school first"

She as claimed to even meet this guy once, and my cousin went with her. (not her kid, but my other aunt's daughter)My cousin and my aunt claimed that they finally met and that he was a "flat slob" and not the person in his facebook pictures, but again it goes in the same cycle. They "break up" and "get back together" because my aunt starts claiming that he just sent someone to meet her because he was too nervous to meet her in person. On facebook, it even says that they are married.I mean what the hell? She is so twisted. Its not even funny. We tell her to go out and mean someone she can actually be with but she tells up she is "too in love" with the guy she met from the internet. I think she is looney!!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: what is the world coming to? - July 13th 2011, 05:21 PM

Unfortunately, I don't think there is much you can do on your end. It seems you and your family have tried to talk to her about this, and you got nothing from it. This is something she is going to have to learn for herself. And hopefully, one day, she can break this cycle she is in, and finally find a great, stable person. To me, it sounds like she is living a fantasy (for lack of better words). What I mean is, your aunt is seemingly more or less involving with this guy because she likes how he makes her feel. But she doesn't ever really have to meet him, so there os no room for real disappointment. I know, I'm not making any sense here. She might also be dating him because she is lacking in something that he gives her. I know not of what that would be. It could be physical things, or emotional things. Either way, try to not let it both you too much, she will eventually learn that the relationship is unhealthy. Take care.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread