TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CrystalJade Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Exclamation please help, she stole it from me - July 15th 2011, 04:06 PM

When I was younger I was given a walking doll that was my great grandmothers. She was a very important lady to me so this momento means a lot. It was 3 feet tall, the size of a child and it was a walking doll made by PlayPal back a long time ago. This doll kept me company when I was lonely and it meant a lot to me.

A few years ago I left it at my mom's (I use this term losely) parents house for safe keeping, they said I could get it back when I wanted and i put a little name tag with my name on it around its neck. My house was never clean or uncluttered because my mom had so much stuff and she never helped. Well now I have a problem. My mom left a year ago and my parents just got divorced this month. We gave her everything she got in court and she has a storage full of our stuff already that was never brought up in court. She has my yearbooks and everything.

About a week ago she came and got her stuff. The night before she did we called and texted her and told her to bring the doll. The next day she pretended like she didn't get any of the calls or texts. We got into a verbal altercation (she set me off on purpose to make herself look like the good guy in it all). Now she's saying she can't find it because they 'put it away'.

That doll is the size of a KID and they just "put it away"? I think not. Plus her mom loves dolls and that was an awesome doll, I know exactly where I put it when I placed it there. Her parents were helping her get her stuff that day and she happens to live in a camper on their property, by her own choice but she plays the pity party. She also follows whatever her parents say and will do it what they want without a second thought, she's almost 51 fucking years old!. Oh, she's also seeing a relative of hers.
L Sick, huh?

We gave her her great grandma's quilt, she should give me my great grandma's doll. Ialso know that they (her parents) cheat on their taxes and bills. They've been looked into before but covered it up, they are rich self made people that owned a business (they just retired and sold the business but are still selling things).

How do you suggest I get my doll back? I really need help. This was the last straw, I could have forgiven her if she set everything else she did right but I can't forgive this. She can't even see the truth... she makes up these little stories and tells them to everyone. Sad thing is, she believes her lies and can't see the truth.

Edit: I will be 18 in about 6 or 7 weeks

Last edited by CrystalJade; July 15th 2011 at 04:25 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: please help, she stole it from me - July 15th 2011, 05:33 PM

There's a chance the judge could order your mother to return all of your belongings. She may be entitled to half of everything your parents owned, but the doll was yours... so she has no right to hold on to it. If the judge can't do anything, then ask him or your father's attorney what you could do (ex. small claims court). Finally, if all else fails... try being nice to your mom? After a month of sucking up to her, you could ask to receive the doll as your 18th birthday present.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
CrystalJade Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: please help, she stole it from me - July 15th 2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY View Post
There's a chance the judge could order your mother to return all of your belongings. She may be entitled to half of everything your parents owned, but the doll was yours... so she has no right to hold on to it. If the judge can't do anything, then ask him or your father's attorney what you could do (ex. small claims court). Finally, if all else fails... try being nice to your mom? After a month of sucking up to her, you could ask to receive the doll as your 18th birthday present.
I'm afraid they will claim they don't have it. It's how that family is. They lie, steal and cheat but they do it in sly ways. It's in their blood to be con artists and in mine too, that's why I'm a good sells person (plus I've seen it in action all my life). I think my dad will talk to his lawyer soon... I can't suck up to her after everything she's done, she's a vile woman. She went so far as to tell people I wanted her out so I could have guys over and that I threatened her, both are not true.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: please help, she stole it from me - July 15th 2011, 05:49 PM

I'm not a legal professional, but I'm pretty sure the judge could "compel" her to produce the doll. If she can't, then you may be able to receive some sort of monetary compensation (not the same, I know). If she simply refuses to produce the doll, then you MAY be able to access her house and search for it yourself, or the court may appoint someone to search for the doll. This is definitely something I'd bring up with your dad's lawyer.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
CrystalJade Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: please help, she stole it from me - July 15th 2011, 06:04 PM

Those are very good suggestions. Thank you. She's cheap so I doubt she would want to compensate for the doll. It's an expensive collectors item.

Closed Thread