TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CubanitaChica Offline
Average Joe

Thumbs down Go Facebook! *sarcasm* - July 19th 2011, 03:25 AM

So this girl I literally haven't spoken to in months (and was good friends with up until high school graduation (or so I thought) until she dropped me off of the face of the Earth) that I used to always be there for (I was the only one to visit her in the hospital when she had a brain tumor I'd like to add and was there on other occasions too) decided it would be really cool to make her Facebook status a shot at me.

I made a small zing back, just to acknowledge the fact that I saw it (nothing major) and that she didn't get away with it. This post is getting to me though and idk why. I know it doesn't matter and I know that I am a better person than her and I definitely know that I'm going farther in life than her but I just cant seem to not be upset by it. It is really stupid I know, but it hurts.

UPDATE:

I messaged her in aprivate message saying you know I've always been here for you, obviously something happened to change that, care to explain? I got back this long message 40 min later saying how sorry she is and how I'm right that I always have been here for her and that she's sorry and loves me. I'm so confused haha

"Make it stop,
Let this end.
This life chose me, I'm not lost in sin.
But proud I stand of who I am,
I plan to go on living."

Rest In Peace:
RCG
GCG

Live = Let Live Movement

Last edited by CubanitaChica; July 19th 2011 at 03:57 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Go Facebook! *sarcasm* - July 19th 2011, 06:35 AM

I think snarky comments on Facebook (and other websites) can be particularly annoying because it doesn't give us the chance to immediately challenge the message. I mean, we can reply to it whenever we see it, and we can open up a chat window in order to talk one-on-one... but you're missing the "human" element. There's something very unsatisfying about hashing things out through a computer instead of in-person. So perhaps that is one reason why this message is still bothering you, even though you know you're the better person and what-not.

Your friend may have said what she said in the heat of the moment, and when you called her out on it, she immediately regretted her rash decision. Perhaps she's just embarrassed that you had the guts to respond. Who knows... I would just give it time and let her actions show you whether or not she's truly sorry. Actions will always speak louder than words... especially words that are posted on a website. It's easy to post something and log off... it's much more difficult to man up and be a genuine friend in-person.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Go Facebook! *sarcasm* - July 19th 2011, 07:24 PM

Hmm, the reason as to why she did that is unknown to me. It was good that you talked to her about it, and got her to see it your way. It's up to you to decide whether or not you feel her apology was sincere. I would tell her that what she said hurt you and that you hope nothing like that happens in the future. Now if it does happen again in the future, then that shows she has her own best interests at heart and that she doesn't necessarily care about others feelings. She could be joking about what she says, but you should make sure that she knows you don't takesuch things as a joke. But hopefully, she lives up to her apology and that this just a one time incident that won't happen again. As for it bothering you, try to not let it get to you. Let it be water under the bridge. Take care

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread