TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: J.D.
Location: Hell and above, I'm everywhere, I'm the air you breathe and the shadow in the night

My Parents are A** holes - July 22nd 2011, 06:51 PM

They call me ungrateful. What is there to be grateful for when I never have time to see what it is. I never wanted to be part of a rich family especially a rich prick, strict, imperialistic, spasmatic family. my mother wanted a bigger house, so they built it and I dwell in it under their strict rules and bull shit. They think materialism is what I should be grateful for, everything I have truelly wanted I have paid for out of my own pocket for so what are they saying I should be grateful for? They say I'm a lazy bastard even though every day of the week this summer besides vacations and only a few weekends I have been working my ass off at my job or sweating out in the hot sun working the landscape of their apartments they own, while they do all the work that requires sitting on a machine and riding it around on the lawn.
I never wanted any fucking apartments to own in the future, I never wanted a big house. Even if we lived in our old shitty house from when I was a kid it wouldnt matter to me as long as they were loving and accepting like they were back then. I feel so fucking under pressure the way they just never stop attacking me with threats to not be able to go anywhere, to work even longer, to not be able to see my loving girlfriend ever again just because of one single mark on my neck. I want to fucking snap I cant take this anymore, I've been fighting them since I was 13 (17 now) when we suddenly became the rich family up the road, they think I'm just a pissy teenager as their excuse not to care or try to comprehend the way I want to run my life.
The only options I can think of are running away, continuing through this hell until I can graduate and get the fuck out of here. Then the thought of something I attempted long ago passed my mind today after a big fight with my mother, I dont want to but it seems so bittersweet right now. Somebody fucking help me please because if Im thinking that I must not be ok and the pills must not be working.

Last edited by SparklingWine; July 22nd 2011 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Adding appropriate prefix.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

re: My Parents are A** holes - July 22nd 2011, 07:11 PM

I can completely understand your frustration. I've somewhat dealt with the same thing. What you're going through is difficult. Your parents really do seem strict, and unfair. I'm sure they do love you. It seems like this has been going on a long time. My suggestion to you is to talk to them or write them a letter. Tell them what you told us (with less swear words). Tell them you're angry, and you wish things were different. Give them suggestions on what they can do. They can't change unless they know how you are feeling. With that, I don't think running away is the greatest idea, as it can put even more stress and tension in the family. Not to mention, cops could easily get involved and that's really not a good thing. You're 17 now. You've been dealing with this a long time, so maybe you can wait to leave when you're 18. Get a job now, and start saving. Living on your own will be hard at first, but you can do it. Tons of teens do. But for now, try to make the best of what you have and be grateful for the small things. It could help. I hope this helped.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: J.D.
Location: Hell and above, I'm everywhere, I'm the air you breathe and the shadow in the night

re: My Parents are A** holes - July 22nd 2011, 08:04 PM

the letter isnt gonna work with them, trust me but yeah I'm going to get a better job so I can get out of here faster. and yeah thanks

Closed Thread