TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BethGoesRawr Offline
JustBethReally
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Beth

my mum. - July 26th 2011, 09:19 PM

Hi, I was in my mums room earlier looking for the nail clipperrs and in her draw there was a little bag with white powder inside, some of it was stuck together... it looked like cocaine...
My friends ( Callum and Dom) knocked on for me just as I was putting it away so I went out and talked to them about it, Callum wasn't to botherd but Dom was like "are you okay?".... I text my mum and asked her if it was Cokaine, she phoned me and sounded really defenesive saying "why? what did you find? where have you been?" and that made me really suspicious... I asked her again "and she just said " do I look like a crack head" and put the phone down. She text me "Its for my diet, you mix it with the food" but she isnt on a diet...
She is lying to me and Im pretty sure its Coke'....

I dont know what to do...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: my mum. - July 27th 2011, 04:08 AM

Troubling situation. I had a situation similair when I found out my mom may have been smoking marajuana (I'm still unclear though...)

Now, as I said I'm still unclear. The reason was I adressed it and she either collects rare plant leaves (A hobby I never knew about) or she is on drugs. In the end it's none of MY buisness how SHE spends her life. She didn't smoke it when she was pregnant so to be honest I couldn't care.

You asked her, either it's the truth and it all was a misunderstanding or she lied to your face. If she did lie to you, she obviously doesn't want you to know and it's not your problem.

Unless she is high/violent around you, at which time it DOES concern you, I would ignore it. However, just because she doesn't look like a "Crack head" doesn't mean she isn't smoking it. I know people who are the nicest old people around and they drink drugged tea. I mean although I am 100% against drugs you cannot be against people who use them. Just because nice people can do drugs, doesn't mean you should.

If you don't feel I posted enough help, or you have any more questions, feel free to PM me or even use this thread. Good luck.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BethGoesRawr Offline
JustBethReally
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Beth

Re: my mum. - July 27th 2011, 10:48 AM

im not against drugs to be honest i like drugs... but i'd perfer to know if she was using them.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: my mum. - July 27th 2011, 03:41 PM

Well to be honest it's none of your buisness. As long as she is not being abusive it isn't your concern. It's her life to lose. I mean it's normal to be concerned, but if she lied to your there isn't much you can do.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

Closed Thread