TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Rant dont get along with family - July 27th 2011, 09:10 PM

Ok I'm guess Im just looking for some relatable stories and ranting. I dont get along with my family. This isnt a huge deal at all. I'm the youngest and my other siblings have 2 to four yr difference, however every single one does have the 2 yr difference sibling so they have a close sibling. I however do not. They all also get along anyway, and perhaps because the elders were still close aged to the younger ones but I'm the youngest. My brother isnt very close mentally to anyone, and hes actually quite far away. I wish they had more faith in me and what I can do, they dont seem to get me. I say it how it is, I'm very direct, not very girly and into clothes makeup etc, moody yes. I like to try things outside tradition. As a child I found my immediate elder siblings, one 4 yr older other 6 yr who were around more were closer to eachother, with own secrets etc. The 6 yr elder would tell the 4 yr elder to do somehting and it would come down to me, since I was the youngest. That obviously I didnt like, I spent most of my time alone at home, with my mother though she viewed me like a child or in my room studying, or watching tv on my own. Being left home with my dad etc, seen as a child and not being believed in etc. However, I am social, not overboard but yes I have friends and then close friends. Friennds are there to have a good time with and get to know. I go with the saying, friends are family you choose. I prefer discussing things about the world, getting to know people, I do what I want you do what you want. Anyway I guess I'm just ranting. I was very excited about my eldest 2 sisters visitng and I suppose I was trying to get along with them and not that they were rude or anything, but it just didnt work. Oh welll. I just wish somebody understood me or made the effort, I could tell them about myself without any feedback, thats how I am, know me as a different personality.By somebody i mean family, even if it was a little bit or make effort and appreciate. Other people do know some aspects of me, ofcourse I dont tell everyone everything and wouldnt want that. But anyway, not that the world will end if my family doesnt, you know just saying. People dont have to be a certain type, everyone has their speciality. My sense of humor differs, I live life my way, experience what I will, I'll do whats out of ordinary. Its me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
bailatyvm Offline
bada bing bada boom.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Faith

Re: Rant dont get along with family - July 27th 2011, 09:17 PM

Well..I kind of understand, to an extent. All of my siblings are two years apart whereas I'm 7 years apart from the one closest to me. I've been told it gets better with time, and I'm hoping that's true. Your siblings are really the only people that get how it is to live with your parents and the way that you've grown up, so bonds with them generally do come eventually.

--
searching for myself...
and hugs. mostly hugs.
--

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Re: Rant dont get along with family - July 29th 2011, 02:43 PM

Bonds come eventually, I hope that happens. I dont see it being that way in the future and I just see myself meeting them out of formality. And Im stuck having them take care of my further education, their investment since my parents have gotten old at this point and the safe investment is medicine for them. But thats besides the point. I am what I am and they ae what they are. There was never any effort to understand/get to know me but its fine. Family is forever, but I suppose I make friends so it should work.

Closed Thread