TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mooglesx28 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I don't know what to do anymore. - March 14th 2009, 11:19 PM

ok I've never done this before and I don't even know if I'm doing this right but here it goes ok, so these past two days I've been wanting to just diasspear from evrything ok it all started yesterday well not really but anyway it started when this kid got beat up at my school and i really like him that really upset me and I watched it on someones phone and he's okay and everything and It's not like I personally know him really well he probably doesn't even know I friggen exist but sill and then my parents were fighting becuase my dad's a recovering crack addict but he pretty much spent all are money on drugs and lost his won buisness ding well and she was screaming at him for some dumb reason and I thought he was going to leave and relapse but he didn't thank god but still I had a breakdown anyway. Then today ok this part is really confusing but today my aunt and her fiancee were coming over today with her fiancees kids who have no blood relation to me but one of them,Matt he's my age and is exactly like me and I really liek him as messed as that is and I only saw him once which i know is really stupid to liek someone if I met him once but I like him but the whole day we hung out and ever since then I don't know,but anyway he was supposed to come and he didn't and he didn't last time either and I got my hopes crushed and I think he's gay anyway and he's going to be my cousin that's gross so it wouldn't even matter and I was so upset then me and my best friend got into a huge fight and we never fight and everything is falling a a part and I want pot so bad right now which is also dumb becuase I tried it last week but I want to again it was the best thing ever I'm so messed up I don't know what to do last time I cut but it didn't make me feel better at all and I know that's a horrible way of dealing with my problems but it didn't help anyway and I don't know what's next. Sorry this was really long.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
glittermist Offline
Modal Soul
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Lisa

Re: I don't know what to do anymore. - March 16th 2009, 08:54 PM

Hi There.
Firstly - welcome to Teen Help!
I'm sorry that you seem to have a lot to deal with right now - but hey; that's life and life seems to chuck a lot of unwanted things at us but it's all about how we deal with them.
You say you feel like turning to smoking weed again well let me tell you it will only depress you further. Cutting; you are right is not one of the best ways to deal with problems but you are only human and therefore are allowed to slip-up.

Do you talk to a counsellor about your problems? I think it would be really beneficial if you did because then you can talk about things and hopefully resolve them in a calm manner with an authoritive influence. Hopefully they can help you come up with better and more proven ways to deal and resolve problems so that these existing problems do not turn into even more problems.

Try to take a relaxed approach towards things; it sounds to me like you are getting worked up about trivial things as well as the quite major things and it's understandable to get very stressed out over the big problems in your life such as your mum and dad's arguments and you and your best friend's fallout - but perhaps you should not worry so much over Matt and other less important things as you'll only end up overstressing yourself to the point you will get ill and tired.

I hope things look up for you soon! x

& it's just like she's in another world.
[<3]

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: I don't know what to do anymore. - March 16th 2009, 11:26 PM

Hi there,

It seems you are getting the hang of posting, but if you ever have any questions about it don't hesitate to send me a message. I'd be happy to help you out. I'm always glad to see new people posting on here, so welcome!
(And don't worry about long posts!)

First of all, I think you should take some time to yourself and think all of this over. It sounds like all of this is getting crammed together and just stressing you out. So take however long you need to and just clear your head. Go for a walk, draw a picture, do something fun.

I think it's really good that you care about that guy who got beat up. If you are up to it, I would suggest talking to him sometime. It doesn't matter if he doesn't know you right now, just let him know that he's a good kid and there are people that care about him. It would be a good chance to make a new friend.

Lisa really had a good suggestion that I think would help you out. Does your school have counselors? They can help you talk through these things and how you are feeling. They're there to help students, and that includes things outside of school. Try making an appointment and talking some of these things over. They can give some really helpful advice on how to handle things like your parents arguing.

I really hope you start feeling better soon. Try talking to your friend and getting the argument sorted out. It might help to let them know how you are feeling right now. That might help explain what's going on.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread