TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bradtpb Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

drug addicted family - July 31st 2011, 10:11 PM

Just as the title of this thread states, I live in a drug addicted household and every single person in the household except me and my dad are addicted to drugs and its part of their everyday life.
Im not the best story teller so bear with me

To start off ill just say that ever since I was 11 or so, there has always been at least 3 people in the house that are addicted to drugs such as pills, heroin, crack, cocaine, meth, pretty much anything. The people that use these drugs in my family/household are my mom, both of my brothers, my aunt, and my moms boyfriend. And even my little nephew does marijuana and talks about it almost everyday since he was 10, he is 13 now.

So ever since Ive been 11 there is always talk about drugs and getting high from people in this house which im very sick of hearing. My brothers would steal money from me, my mom would borrow from me just so that they could get a high that day. Both of my brothers even stole my nephews Wii that he had here so that they could go and buy some "caps" which is heroin in a capsule from what i understand.

I am now 18 and these things are still happening everyday, its getting worse actually. My mom is abusing her medication and buying extra off of kids in my neighborhood that I used to be good friends with until they got into drugs. My aunt is always in the back room higher than anyone ive ever seen, always eating percosets and valuums or something like that. And my moms boyfried is always smoking weed in my moms bedroom. My nephew will come over usually every other week and even he will go in the back yard to smoke some weed, and my mom just lets him do it.

While all of this is happening in the house, me and my dad are in the room that we have minding our own business, staying completely drug free unlike the rest of the household. My dad and I share a room together due to our small house and due to him not making enough to afford an apartment/house on his own. But the reason why he cant afford an apartment for us is due to the fact that my mom borrows hundreds of dollars from him constantly every week, even though her boyfriend doesnt do anything and makes no money to contribute to the household, the money he does get he buys weed.

I recently actually just graduated high school which is pretty good in my opinion considering Im the only son that my mom has that graduated from high school. My brothers had dropped out, so im the only one that graduated. But even then my mom went to my graduation high, I asked her to not take any pills before she went to my graduation but she did anyways. Its easy to tell when shes high, her speech is slurred and because she squints her eyes. Its pretty bad I had to ask her to not take any pills before she went.

But some good news is that Im still not doing drugs and Im actually starting my career and making some money as a freelance web designer, something that Im getting very good at despite my living conditions. My mom says shes proud of me, but idk about that because she only says that when shes high. But living here is just becoming ridiculous, im really sick and tired of living in a house of drugs, ive been living in a house of drug heads for 7 years and im very tired of it. Drugs are coming in and out of this household everyday and im so sick of seeing people that ive never even seen before come to the house and deal drugs.

The advice that i need is what should I do? Im 18 so im afraid that if i report to the police about this that i wont have a home anywhere, unless my dad and I get it somehow but idk if thats possible since its my moms house.
The only other thing that i can think of is that I can save some money up with my dad and get a place with him, but I dont get enough money from web designing and I cant get a job here, theres no places that are hiring at all.

So what can I do to get away from this drug house? Any advice of what I can do?

All answers are greatly appreciated, and thank you for the people that read this long story that I have

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: drug addicted family - July 31st 2011, 11:13 PM

Hello, and welcome to TeenHelp! =)

Unfortunately, you're darned if you do and darned if you don't. If you report your family members' drug use to the police, you could be forced to find other living arrangements while they're being processed through the legal system. If you don't report your family members' drug use to the police, however, and they discover what's going on in your family's house, you could be charged along with the rest of them. It doesn't matter if you abstain from drugs... in many states, merely failing to report drug use can get you into trouble. The police may suspect you've been funding your family members' drug use... or worse, your family members could lie and try to pin everything on you and your dad. After all, your dad IS indirectly funding their drug use.

Also, why the heck is your dad giving your mom money? Why doesn't he just take that money and use it to rent a cheap apartment or motel room somewhere else? That whole arrangement seems fishy to me. If he's got hundreds of dollars to loan your mom each WEEK, then surely he can use that money for other living arrangements. It seems like he's just given up on the rest of the family, as have you. Well, like I stated above, your complacence could actually get you and your father into some legal trouble. So talk to him about what you can do. Call the police, or get out of the house. Either way, you can't leave things as they are now.

Closed Thread