TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
sad faaace Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy I'm scared about getting kicked out... - August 4th 2011, 07:09 AM

I'm 17 years old and I'm pretty sure I'm about to be kicked out of the house tomorrow morning...
To be honest, I know I'm not a good son. I don't listen to my parents and I've failed 2 classes this year. I constantly have to be told numerous times to obey my orders from my parents and I get in trouble because of it A LOT. I'm surprised they even put up with me...I've smoked weed for about a month and been caught with it. My parents lectured me and told me to not do it anymore. I agreed to it and have been honest about my agreement....I feel so bad about ashaming them =( but now, about 3 days ago, I've started smoking. And about an hour ago, I did it again. I went downstairs (and left the lights on -.-) and went outside and lit up and smoked for about 10 minutes. And then i hear my stepfather's voice calling out my name. I flip out and hide. He goes to where i've been smoking and calls out. Thankfully, he didn't find me, but I think he saw my ash marks I put out my cigarettes and my spit....So he locks all the doors (cuz I think he knew I was hiding outside) and it takes me about 30 minutes to clean up myself and find a way inside...
So now I'm in my room paranoid about getting kicked out. I know, I know, I broke a promise to my parents to stop smoking....I must seem like a ******* stupid *** son that deserves to be kicked out...but I'm just so paranoid. I don't mind being away from them (I've run away before) but what if they send me to boarding school?? I'm still struggling with depression and I cope by venting to my friends. If I go to boarding school, I may not see them for a while...I'm just so scared.
I love my parents, I honestly do. I even love my step dad...But it's a complicated relationship we have...
If I wait out the night and see if my step dad REALLY found out I've been smoking, I run into the possibility that he tells my mom and both of them get HELLA pissed and wake me up in the morning and tell me I'm in deep **** (boarding school, kicked out, prison [from the weed]). I secretly hope they send me to live with my real dad or his side of the family because I prefer them waaay more than this family...although I still love this family and will miss them if I do get sent away.
I've also thought about running away for a while, but not permanently. My friend is really nice and would be glad to help. She lives a city away and would never rat me out or anything. Although, I wouldn't run away for good....I would just lay low and wait for things to calm down and then maybe call my mother and see what the situation is...
I'm just really confused, scared and depressed. Please help =/

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: I'm scared about getting kicked out... - August 4th 2011, 05:40 PM

i understand that you're thinking a lot, and i'll make this short but sweet.

i think you will be okay if you live with your friend for a little while. Because you know... it seems that you need to relax, and just think about the situation and see what your options are. You can more effectively do so in a situation where you arent feeling pressured.

and im sorry that your dad isnt that good at understanding you. but stay strong. I advice you because i know that things will effectively improve after a while.

do not ever think you are worthless. Just remember, you're as special as everyone else, cause you have feelings, and deserve love, care and attention. Never ever think that you are useless. cause im sure you are not useless

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: I'm scared about getting kicked out... - August 4th 2011, 07:23 PM

I'd come clean to your parents and ask for help - driving you to NA meetings, setting you up for appointments with an addictions counselor, etc. Not only will it show your parents that you want to repair your relationship with them, but it will be a step toward recovery. Most people can't quit cold turkey... they need help along the way, and sending you to boarding school, sending you to a juvenile detention center, kicking you out, etc. won't really accomplish anything in the long run. Take responsibility for your actions and ask your parents to support you in your attempts toward recovery.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: I'm scared about getting kicked out... - August 5th 2011, 03:48 PM

PSY: Win.

I agreew with everything PSY said. I would get help for your drug problem.

It was naive for both you and your parents to think you could just quit right there and then cold turkey with no support. I would seek help for this, because first it would be damage control between you and your parents, and it could save you from being stuck in the habit of smoking joints. (Not mentally addictive, but it becomes a habit like chewing your nails, not mentally addicting but still hard to stop.)

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

Closed Thread