TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Love09 Offline
Not a n00b

Unhappy Why am I worth it? - August 5th 2011, 02:42 AM

Why am I worth being loved? I struggled with self-harm 2 years ago, and I'm not thinking of cutting again, I'm just sad because I have no friends. I had to sever ties with all of my previous friends from high school because they were hurting me by ignoring me/not caring enough to talk to me. Now I am pretty much isolated, and I am just craving some human interaction. Why does no one in my town like me enough to be my friend?!

Love everyone

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Why am I worth it? - August 5th 2011, 03:02 AM

Hey there, I'm sorry to hear this. Are there any nearby clubs or classes you could join? It's an easy way to meet new people.

I'm going to move this to Friends and Family since I think it fits better there and you'll get better answers

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Love09 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Why am I worth it? - August 5th 2011, 03:51 AM

Thanks, I wasn't exactly sure where to put it!

Unfortunately, not really any ones in my interests...

Love everyone

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Formerly Puppy-Sized Elephant
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Elsa

Re: Why am I worth it? - August 5th 2011, 09:18 AM

You are definitely worth being loved.
PM me anytime if you want to talk

(#5 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Why am I worth it? - August 5th 2011, 03:53 PM

Libraries are amazing if you like books.

You can meet friends either by just hanging out, or going to planned events (Libraries have a lot of these, like popular series fan clubs, writing clubs, poetry clubs, ect. Some for both kids, youth and adults.) so I would definately recomend going there to meet people with similair interests.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#6 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Why am I worth it? - August 5th 2011, 04:21 PM

I agree with Justin. I go to the library once per week, and it's easier to talk to people who love books as much as I do. =) I don't know what your interests are, but as long as they aren't completely obscure, I'll bet your city has some kind of club/group/organization dedicated to your interests. If it's a small city and no one is interested in what you are interested in, then maybe it's time to try something new! It could be anything from kickboxing classes (which will whip you into shape in no time) to something art and crafts related. Those classes may cost money, or they may be free. Just grab flyers and free newspapers/newsletters wherever you go, and see what's going on nearby!

Unfortunately, if you want friends, you have to find them, not the other way around. It takes a great deal of courage to leave the safety of your room, go somewhere unfamiliar, and introduce yourself to complete strangers. That doesn't come easily for me, and my heart races every time I approach a stranger, but I know that I need to take a chance if I want someone to take a chance on me in return. In the end, it's worth pushing past that fear of rejection and saying, "Hi, my name is Robin, what's yours?"

(#7 (permalink)) Old
heathermc Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Why am I worth it? - August 16th 2011, 03:14 AM

i think that if you put yourself out there and introduce yourself to new people, it'll make you feel SO much better in so many different ways.. it might be uncomfortable for you to push yourself to make friends but it'll definitely be worth it, as long as you smile a lot and are friendly/nice then you won't have a problem making friends! being positive and outgoing always helps too, whenever someone tells me a story or just says something about what they did over the weekend i always ask questions so that they know i'm interested in what they're saying, it always makes people happy when they know someone cares about their life even if its just little random questions here and there! it's always easier when you can relate to people so try and find some people that have the same interests as you!

Closed Thread