TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

View Poll Results: DO U THINK MY PARENTS WERE RIGHT
YES 2 25.00%
NO 2 25.00%
KIND OF 2 25.00%
ABSOLUTELY NOT! 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Britney

Thumbs down I AM SO GROUNDED FOR NO REASON - March 15th 2009, 03:23 PM

I STAYED AFTER SCHOOL TO TRY OUT FOR FOOTBALL CHEERLEADING AND I SO GOT GROUNDED BECAUSE MY AUNT DIDN'T TELL MY MOM. I AM SO DISAPPOINTED BECAUSE I HAD A LOT TO TALK TO ONE OF MY FRIENDS ABOUT AND NOW I CAN'T TALK ON THE PHONE. EVERYTIME I TRY AND BETTER MYSELF I ALWAYS GET KNOCKED 20 FEET BACKWARD FROM IT. I NEED ADVICE SHOULD I JUST QUIT LIVING MY LIFE AND STAY IN THE HOUSE UNTIL MY NEXT BIRTHDAY BECUZ I WILL BE 18.I FOUND OUT THAT I HAD TRY OUTS AFTER SCHOOL AT THE LAST MINUTE. I AM NOT SHOUTING I JUST LIKE TO TYPE IN CAPITAL LETTERS!

I BEZ DA BADDEST

Last edited by babygurl20053261; March 15th 2009 at 07:48 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hyper Sonic Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Re: I AM SO GROUNDED FOR NO REASON - March 15th 2009, 03:26 PM

Try using lowercase, all caps is perceived to be shouting. I have no idea if your parents are right because I have not heard their side of the story.

To be honest it really isn't hard in these days of modern communications to send word to your mom in advance

(#3 (permalink)) Old
wonderbread Offline
Like a dude
I've been here a while

Name: Ashley

Re: I AM SO GROUNDED FOR NO REASON - March 15th 2009, 03:31 PM

I understand that your angry because you were grounded. But you really have to calm down. Your parents were neither in the right or the wrong. Yes, your aunt should have told them that you were trying out and needed to stay after school. But it isn't your aunts responsibility. You should have told them, this way they would have heard from you and known. You could have left a note, or called, or whatever you needed to do to let them know from you personally. AFTER you cool down, go and talk to your parents rationally and let them know that you did infact tell your aunt and she was supposed to pass the message along. They may say the same thing as me, but they may understand and let your grounding go. Maybe now you know you should tell the people or person that needs to know directly instead of telling someone else to tell.

Always remember to put your happiness first.
  Send a message via MSN to wonderbread  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: I AM SO GROUNDED FOR NO REASON - March 16th 2009, 11:05 PM

Hi Britney,

I really think you should get your aunt to talk to your parents to let them know that she was supposed to tell them. Communication errors happen and people forget. Maybe if they hear the story from her they'll cancel your grounding situation. Just explain to them what you told your aunt. If they don't listen, then they're your parents and you'll just have to sit through the grounding and in future let them know yourself where you are.

It's understandable that they were worried, but not necessarily that they grounded you for it, but I can't say for sure because I wasn't there. I think you should just try and explain what happened to them again and contact them in future.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: I AM SO GROUNDED FOR NO REASON - March 16th 2009, 11:20 PM

Were you supposed to tell your mom you would be late? I can understand if you were under strict rules to tell your parents if you would be late, and by telling someone else to do it, does not mean you can pawn the responsibility off on them. Honestly I can not vote in that poll because I donít know all the sides of the story. I would like to think that all parents try to do what they think is the best for their child. And it is a good general rule of thumb to always check in with your parents if you are going to be later than expected. So where they wrong? I donít know, I would have to hear more of the story to know.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

Closed Thread