TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
trixie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy misunderstanding. - August 9th 2011, 07:55 AM

i was talking to my friend and this is what happened.

friend: i'll get my dad to pick you up at tution

me: you know where it is right? it's under this.......ugly restaurant?

friend: my dad owns that restaurant.

me: which one, the Chinese or the Italian?

yeah. i feel terrible since it came out pretty bad. i don't even think it's ugly but my head was blank.
i wanted to explain to her that i was refering to the other resturant but i was kinda........idk..shocked that it happened that i couldn't explain.
she's not texting back and my other friend who was there told me not to worry but i am ==
help.i feel terrible..and i'm even more afraid since her dad is picking me up in a week.

please help. i don't know what to do.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: misunderstanding. - August 9th 2011, 09:23 AM

I don't see what you're worrying about. If my friend's father owned a restaurant I thought looked ugly as hell, I wouldn't hesitate in calling the restaurant ugly. Restaurants face criticism, hell, they rely on criticism, to own a restaurant you need a set of solid steel balls that'll get smashed around very often. If your friend's father cannot handle such minor criticism, that's very poor on his part. Hopefully your friend can realize that as well. Since you'll see the father and friend in 7 days, I doubt they'd hold a grudge, especially the father who should be able to keep his daughter in line.

Overall, I wouldn't worry about it but if you feel very bad, for whatever reason, give an apology to her. If her father has the audacity to demand an apology (assuming he's being serious), I would laugh in his face and ask if he' pissing around with his restaurant business because any other restaurant owner would tell him to find his balls and man up.

Some may think that's rude but it's speaking the truth, if you own a restaurant and are a father, you ought to have a solid pair/trio and spine.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: misunderstanding. - August 9th 2011, 06:15 PM

1. Because you came back with "Chinese or Italian?" you have the ability to wait, see what your friend says, then say, "Oh, haha, okay!" and let her assume you meant the OTHER restaurant is the ugly one. =P

2. If the restaurant is ugly, it by no means reflects how you feel about your friend or her father. It just means you think the restaurant is ugly - period. Maybe your friend's father has a different sense of what does and doesn't look good for a restaurant. Maybe he knows it's ugly, but he doesn't have the time or money to renovate. Either way, I don't see why your friend should take offense to a comment like yours. If she does, just say that you have a particular preference when it comes to restaurant decor, and your friend shouldn't take you so seriously. =P

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: misunderstanding. - August 9th 2011, 06:44 PM

Hey there,

Things like that can happen; misunderstandings. I think the way you bounced back with the "Chinese or Italian" restaurant was brilliant. In a few days, I would let her know that your statement wasn't personal, and that you'd like to put it in the past. Life is too short to hold grudges for silly reasons. Hopefully she can move past it. <3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread