TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Holiday with... someone... - March 16th 2009, 12:23 AM

Ok, so I've got holiday basically planned, well nothing concrete yet, but its almost definatley going to happen, New York for a few months, as long as time and money will allow anyway only I kinda dont want to go alone... Also I dotn have any friends who would be willing to accompany me on such a journey, Ive got a couple of years yet before I go, but thats cos a lot of saving is going into this, to make it BIG, and memorable, just I dont want it alone... I know noone can tell the future, but is there anyway I can guarantee I can go WITH someone, I really dont want to be a Larry for 3 months, but Im determined to go there for a while...

How can one love themselves, when they love absolutely nothing?
Do something that is interesting. If it is not interesting, find out why it is not interesting.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hyper Sonic Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Re: Holiday with... someone... - March 16th 2009, 12:25 AM

No there isn't a way but you should not let it ruin your plans. If you're going to uni you may meet someone to go with there and you could always ask a family member to go

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Gaia Offline
same same, but different.
Outside, huh?

Name: Lou

Re: Holiday with... someone... - March 16th 2009, 11:00 AM

Hey Joel, I'm afraid the only way to make sure you can go with someone is to ask someone. If it is going to take a few years to save, then that's enough time to get to know someone, and invite them.
Also, taking a family member, like Sonic suggested, is a good idea, as long as you could stand to be with them for 3 months.
Do say to a few people, perhaps they would like to go, or could introduce you to someone else who would like to go.

I have, however, going to move this to Family and Friends, as I feel it fits better there.
Lou.

"Life is pain, anybody that says different is selling something" ~ Fezzik's Mother, The Princess Bride. ♥

"To die, would be an awfully big adventure."~ Peter Pan

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumoured by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

~ The Buddha

14-04-2010. R.R <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Holiday with... someone... - March 16th 2009, 05:57 PM

Sure =] Yeah sorry wasnt quite sure where it went =]

Thing is, is with my ex, we had plans were going to go away, and then it all ended, not that I lost any money or anything, but I don't want a holiday to be ruined if I split up with someone... I cant really take family members with me, and as for friends, in terms of people I'd feel comfortable going on a 3 month trip with, theres 1 or 2, but even then I dont think they'd have the time.

I guess could ask, Im going to Uni in September, maybe I'll find someone there, but its whether you take the approach of, 'hey would you like to come live with me in another country for 3 months' or the more girlfriend approach, and then just let her tag along... Im not sure =/

Do something that is interesting. If it is not interesting, find out why it is not interesting.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Gaia Offline
same same, but different.
Outside, huh?

Name: Lou

Re: Holiday with... someone... - March 16th 2009, 06:09 PM

Well, it doesn't need to be a female friends does it?
I mean you could make friends in uni, and perhaps two or three of you could go, making it more special.
The girlfriend approach could make things difficult as of course, you two could split up, and it could make things very very awkward.
Lou.

"Life is pain, anybody that says different is selling something" ~ Fezzik's Mother, The Princess Bride. ♥

"To die, would be an awfully big adventure."~ Peter Pan

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumoured by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

~ The Buddha

14-04-2010. R.R <3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Holiday with... someone... - March 16th 2009, 06:31 PM

No =] Dosnt need to b a female friend, :L don't have many of them anyway! I'd probably prefer it to be a girl, but that's just personal preference, I guess a few could go too, that'd cut costs, just people who I have spoken to, say yeah sounds nice, and then just aren't serious about it, its a few years away, why bother now, but its going to take me years to save, and it will take them to too... Either that or they say how much is it going to cost and I give them a rough estimate and they walk off :L...

(#7 (permalink)) Old
newbie552 Offline
choose wisely
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Robin

Re: Holiday with... someone... - March 19th 2009, 12:40 AM

try talking to new people

You're amazing just the way you are

(#8 (permalink)) Old
*Faith* Offline
They'll never know.
I've been here a while

Name: Faith

Re: Holiday with... someone... - March 19th 2009, 12:47 AM

Well if you're not planning to go for awhile then you have a very high chance of meeting someone with the interest in going right?
I would love to come with you but I'm rather broke

You were the angel of my life, taught me to be free
Now I'm a stranger in your eyes.

Closed Thread