TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cartoonmania Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

My brother the cheater - August 26th 2011, 06:21 PM

I'm a bit on edge right now. My parents are away till Monday at relatives house and me and my bro stayed home. It's not that I didn't want to go or anything, but my aunt is the sort who likes to hog the TV remote and her choice of programs are awful.

Now my brother decided openly to tell me last night that he's going out drinking tonight and bringing some girl home to have sex with. He has a girlfriend, and I've always hated the fact that he's in a relationship with her, but geez I feel sorry for her not knowing that he's shagging some young virgin behind her back. I can't say anything because my brother would do his nut, and all hell would break loose with hs girlfriend's family.

I told him that I didn't really approve of it and even though his girlfriend is a right bitch, even she doesn't deserve this. His response was "Why do you care?"

My mum, who also doesn't approve of his girlfriend and has no idea that this is going on, says "It's his life, let him get on with it."

Should I do the same? Just ignore what he's doing upstairs tonight and just have my music on my earphones loud and pray I can go to bed and they'll already be asleep or she leaves after they've finished? I HATE knowing these things and not being brave enough to tell anyone else, especially my parents.

*EDIT* To my relief, he has come home alone, but this doesn't mean he won't try again. People who cheat don't deserve to be in a relationship imo.

Last edited by cartoonmania; August 26th 2011 at 10:51 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: My brother the cheater - August 28th 2011, 12:17 AM

It all comes down to personal preference, but personally, I would tell his girlfriend - then ask her to leave your name out of it if anyone asks how she found out what your brother was up to.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: My brother the cheater - August 28th 2011, 09:42 PM

Wow, that's not very cool of your brother. I know if it were me, and my boyfriend was cheating on me, I would want to know about. Especially if I knew someone else knew. I would tell her, and like Robin said, have her keep your name out of it. Take care<3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
mashemaja Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My brother the cheater - August 29th 2011, 07:12 AM

your brother must be joking at you.. why not try to do his stuff too

(#5 (permalink)) Old
chook14 Offline
♪ itchin' on a photograph ♫
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ella

Re: My brother the cheater - August 29th 2011, 08:25 AM

I have to disagree with the others...I think you should stay out of this one. If it wasn't a family situation I might say otherwise but since it's your brother we're talking about, I really think you should wait for him to sort himself out. If you tell his girlfriend, she'll most likely mention to your brother that it was you who told her. It sounds like you and the girlfriend don't get along that well, so I don't think she'll think twice before throwing your name out there. Rather then talking to the girlfriend, I would talk to your brother. Tell him that his behaviour is horrible, and maybe threaten to tell his girlfriend. I'd say he most likely knows that what he's doing is wrong, and he'll come to terms with it eventually. You don't know the whole situation either...his girlfriend could have cheated on him first or something! Which obviously doesn't make his behaviour any more acceptable, but it's still something to consider before you take action.

"He who does not weep, does not see" - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables.

<3

Closed Thread