TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
(JORDAN) Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jordan

Can someone please tell me what to do? - August 27th 2011, 01:37 AM

Hi everyone, I'm really stressed and don't know who to turn to.
To start off, I'm 16 and am living with my dad. My parents split when I was young, and I don't really see my mom. Anyway, recently my dad and I have not been seeing eye to eye anymore, be it because I'm a teenager, whatever. He loves me, I know, but I can't stand to be around him. He is extremely negative, and is always fighting with me and making me feel like crap. He has two other children with seperate women, and has to pay them child support, which I know causes him to be stressed constantly. Even worse, he deals with the stress from them and his job by drinking, and is a terrible alcoholic. When he's drunk, I avoid him, even though it's the only time he seems to want to talk to me and spend time with me. When he's sober, he's confrontational. For instance, today he flipped out because school shopping got a little pricy. But the messed up thing is I never ask him to buy me anything expensive, and the clothes I had were literally falling apart. All I wanted was some t shirts and some jeans from this hole in the wall pants store. Now I feel terrible for having him buy me just bare necessities . I'm just coming here for advice on how to deal with this, because each day my anger toward him grows more and more, and I don't want to end up hating him when I'm older.

"Success is obedience to a structured way of life.You can't ignore the structure 'cause we're all within it's sight."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: Can someone please tell me what to do? - August 27th 2011, 04:12 PM

Hey Jordan, I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with all that. Have you ever considered trying alanon/alateen? I think this kind of support group could really help. If you aren't in the U.S. it does exist in the UK and possibly other countries as well. Here's the link in case you're interested:http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/

Also, is there anyone you can talk to about what's going on? It might help to talk to another relative, guidance counselor or friend.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Can someone please tell me what to do? - August 28th 2011, 09:55 PM

I think you should talk to your dad about what's going on and how you're feeling. Maybe write him a long letter explaining it all. Tell him how much his drinking hurts you, and how you hate how he is sober. Maybe you can spend more time with your dad when he's sober. Tell him you'd like to bond with him while he isn't drinking. It can be hard, but I would try it. Hang in there<3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread