TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Emy Bug Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Emily

Gotta get away from him :( - August 28th 2011, 12:16 AM

I guess this starts about a year ago in July-ish when I was on an online MMO and I met this guy (cash18) so we were just jeneral friendly, talking about the game blah blah blah but then he has to go and said "I'm going to friend you Hes (my username is Hestina) I think we are going to be good friends."
Well the good news is that he was right. And the bad news was that he was right. It was good news that he was right, but it's also a nightmare now.
so then in mid August or so we were on again and another place and first we were RPing and then it got personal. He first asked me what state I was in, then vice versa. Then my first name, vice versa, then asked if I had a fb, I replied yes. then he said (we were rly rly good friends by now) what's your last name? I wanna see what you look like, so I told him and he told me his. So I don't know how much she saw, (my profile pic was a my kitty) but he asked if I could put a picture of me on there and I guess my mom assumed that he was talking about on the website, cause I replied "ok." and my mom said
"You'd better not!"
so I said: "Oh. Ok." and then I said to cash "I gtg bye"
Since then, I've started to like him more and more. I even created a fake fb account just so I could friend him on fb. Now, I think I love him more than I've ever loved anything. He's my first love.
But then my account got stolen and my mom was a bit courious about it and wanted to check my E-mail (i forgot to mention, we extanged e-mails too) and I forgot y, but I was freaked out and scared so i went to go hide in my closet. she cane looking for me and finaly she found me and told me that i'd been giving out to much personal info. I don't know y, but this freaked me out alot. she also said that i could only talk to joel (cash18) thru the mmo. well, i grounded myself for 2 wks and i was crying. i couldnt tell her everything. i couldn't tell her anything.
So this happent earlier this year, but now, im so scared that my mom will find out. i dont go an hour without being scared that she'll find out what im doing. i need help

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Gotta get away from him :( - August 28th 2011, 12:30 AM

I'm a bit confused. After your mom said you could only talk to your friend through MMO, have you been abiding by her wishes? Or have you been talking to him on Facebook or by other means against her wishes? If you've been going behind her back, then I think you should come clean to your mom. You're 13, and that's pretty young to give out last names and other personal information to a total stranger (he may be your friend, but let's face it... you've never met in person, so you don't know FOR CERTAIN what he is like).

If you have been abiding by your mom's wishes since being grounded, then you need to stop beating yourself up over what happened in the past and forgive yourself. You're young, you're growing up, you're going to make mistakes. That's just a fact. With each mistake, however, you become more mature and better able to handle situations like these. =)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Gotta get away from him :( - August 28th 2011, 09:33 PM

You are only 13, so you do have to listen to what your mom says. I know that's not exactly what you want to hear, but it's the truth. If she finds out that you're going behind her back, then she is less likely to allow you to talk to this boy. Because if you're willing to break the rules for him, then she might see it as him being a problem for you. You see what I'm saying? I think you should come clean and tell her. Just tell her everything about him, and why you like him. Tell her everything and leave nothing out. This way she gets a feel for why you like him so much, and why you talk to him. I do have to agree with your mom though, you shouldn't be giving out your last name or other personal information on the internet. Because you NEVER know what could happen. Maybe you can make a whole new email, and a facebook for internet friends. But don't put any personal information on there, other that your first name. But take up with your mom to see if she'd agree to it! Good luck!

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Emy Bug Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Emily

Re: Gotta get away from him :( - August 31st 2011, 03:40 PM

actualy, i couldn't tell everything because my parents came home from the store. here's the rest:
i continued to fb him but then after a while i stopped. we started talking and meeting thru the mmo instead. but after a while, i got so scared that my mom would find out about it (i found this out later but im scared that she'll find out about teenhelp and my other facebook) that i defriended him and then he wanted to meet with me at his game. then he told me that he cried when he found out that i defriended him and wanted to know y. i told a terrible lie. i said that i was being abused. but ever since then, i havnt been on the mmo and im a little less scared now. but i feel terrible about lying to him. like i said b4, i found out that im scareed of my mom finding out about teen help and my other fb account but i cant tell her about them. ill get in trouble.

Closed Thread