TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CaliHereICome Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Don't Know What to Do. - September 9th 2011, 02:00 AM

Okay. This will probably be long, sorry. To start there is so many issues going wrong within my family & no one barley knows it. Everyone thinks i'm the confident girl, who's outgoing, comfortable in her skin, & has the perfect family. Truth is i'm barley like that at all. It's not my friends and peers that make me feel insecure, it's my family. I literally feel as if i don't fit in. I'm the middle child & they always push me the hardest. My parents scream at me and will hold grudges if i get anything below an A, but whatever grades my sisters get, they praise them. My family always makes fun of me because they found out that when i was younger i battled with bulimia. When i had bulimia they didn't find out until my sister walked into the bathroom one day and saw. Ever since then they always tease me after a meal and say "going to throw up now? Good, you need it!" My parents are also always calling me names & bringing me down, and making fun of me. I try my hardest to live up to their standards cause all i want is for them to accept me for me. I have a stepmom & my dad never acted like this before they got married & when my dads not around she always talks bad about him & will treat me like crap. I've attempted to talk to both my dad & my stepmom multiple times & all they ever did was yell at me for expressing my opinions & trying to talk calmly. Also i play multiple instruments, dance, & sing & whenever i'm praticing they make fun of me or critize me to the point that i break down. I feel so alone in my family & i have no clue what to do. Please help.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Evanescent Offline
Love Is The Movement
I've been here a while

Name: Nicole (Nikki)

Re: Don't Know What to Do. - September 9th 2011, 05:38 AM

The way you are describing it, it seems that they are taking this all as just a big joke when in all reality it's not. It definately sounds like you need someone with you the next time you try to talk to them who can support you, back you up if you need it, and make sure that you are being heard. This person can be a teacher, guideance counselor, principal, therapist, or another trusted adult. I hope this helps.

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."

"For those who don't care, for those who can't see, never give up, always thrive to be free."

Smile, you are beautiful www.operationbeautiful.com

Blessed Be!
Nicole AKA Nikki
Artist, Poet, and Future Social Worker

(#3 (permalink)) Old
lostinmusic Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Don't Know What to Do. - September 9th 2011, 06:50 PM

This is wrong of them. Try talking to a family member if possible. Maybe you could live somewhere else?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Infinitely Us Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Taylor

Re: Don't Know What to Do. - September 10th 2011, 02:02 AM

Thats horrible! I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I would definitely talk to another adult, whether they're in your family, school or even friends! If you feel safe with someone, you should talk to them. Maybe an older sister or cousin?

*Message me anytime whenever you need advice and someone to talk to!*

(#5 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Don't Know What to Do. - September 10th 2011, 05:18 PM

I love the idea Nicole gives. You should talk to them again, and have someone like a teacher or a school guidance counselor to back you up. Surely they won't behaver that way with someone else in the room like that. Whoever is there to back you up can tell your parents how much their comments hurt you. But for now, you have to keep living lifeand constantly focusing on creating a better you, and getting out of the house as soon as you can. If their main objective is to bring you down, then surely they can't mean the horrible things they say. They are just trying to bring you down. Don't let them! You're stronger than that. Truly. Prove to them that you're amazing and that they are wrong, because they are.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread