TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

should i keep doing my sorority?? - September 12th 2011, 04:07 PM

i have been debating about dropping my sorority after my best friend (and roommate) did and now my other close friend as well. Now i dont live with anyone in Greek Life and I feel torn. I have so many friends outside of the sorority too. Sometimes the sorority makes me feel uncomfortable because now that my 2 good friends drop there are only about 3 left that im super close with and I do love them to death but still... I enjoyed the sorority so much more last year and now its my third year in it and it just doesn't feel the same. I feel really disconnected from time to time because I do hang out with a lot of other people and am so busy with work and school. I do worry I will miss it...social functions mostly and I love the idea of being in a sorority and having the alum phase after college. But for how much money it is (my parents make me help pay) is it really worth it? Sometimes it just fuels my anxiety and I worry that people dont like me and that i would be better of without it...Any ideas on what I should do...drop or stick it out?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jayme

Re: should i keep doing my sorority?? - September 13th 2011, 04:02 AM

well since nobody else has given you an answer yet, i will. TBH i would never join a sorority, so id say if you are questioning it then you should leave. You will save money, be less stressed and have more free time for other fun stuff. You arent enjoying it anyways, just leave. Hope that helped, sorry if it didnt

"One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering." -Ida Scott Taylor

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: should i keep doing my sorority?? - September 14th 2011, 09:21 PM

I think what you should do it make a pros and cons list to sticking it out and/or dropping it. Really, if the reasons why you should leave outweigh the reasons to stay, then leave. Maybe stay and wait it out a bit though. Figure out what you really want before making a decision that big. :]

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread