TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Boxy Offline
Clinically Liz
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Boxy or Liz

Finding my siblings - September 15th 2011, 05:16 AM

I have two half siblings (that I know of) and I'd really like to get into contact with them, and maybe even meet them. (We only met a couple times when we were babies).

I know my sister's full name (unless she's married or something now).
And I know my brother's full name, except when his mom remarried he was adopted by the husband and idk if his last name changed or not (and if it did, idk what it is)

I've just got done searching facebook and I have no luck at all... Couldn't find anything close to either of them. (And they are not fb friends with our dad (i'm not either but i know his page)).

Does anyone know of any websites where people can go (for free) to try and find long lost siblings... I know they exist, I was just wondering is anyone knows of a specific one they have heard good things about, or have used themselves. I'm honestly not even sure if I'd be able to find them on one of those because idk if they even know I exist.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!

(I can technically just message my dad and ask if he knows.. but I don't want to b/c we aren't on good terms and he probably doesn't know anyway since he doesn't have them on fb...) :/

<3 Boxy

1:44 PM [Cassago] I'll be your glass slipper, if you'll be my foot..
1:45 PM [Boxy] i'll be your foot anyday

Support for victims of sexual assault or abuse can be found here start the healing

Send a message via AIM to Boxy Send a message via MSN to Boxy Send a message via Yahoo to Boxy Send a message via Skype™ to Boxy 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Marguerite

Re: Finding my siblings - September 15th 2011, 11:34 AM

I met my half siblings a few years ago, so I know what you're going through. Can't say I know any specific websites (though I'm sure you could google a few) since I found mine through facebook. Don't forget Myspace, they might have an account from a few years ago on it (or, you know, they might still use it if they're stuck in a time warp).

If they don't have really common names you could just google them, though I'm sure you've already done that. Is there anyone close to your father you might know? Like an aunt or uncle or old friend? Maybe your grandparents?

Do you know anything about them... like what high school or university they went too? What suburb they lived in?

To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget

~Arundhati Roy

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Boxy Offline
Clinically Liz
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Boxy or Liz

Re: Finding my siblings - September 17th 2011, 06:45 PM

I searched Myspace, Facebook, google, and ancestry.com but apparently it costs money > even though it said free... And I haven't been able to find anything.... I asked me mom if she knows their mom's names I know it's Kim and Dee but idk which one is which.. so hopefully she knows or can tell me more about it so I can find them...

I couldn't find any sites when I googled it... except ones that cost money or ones are for like.. adoption/sperm donors or something else.. so idk what to do.

If anyone else has any advice on what else I can do, please let me know. I really super wanna have a relationship with my family, since I don't like/get along with any of the ones I actually know. *sigh*

1:44 PM [Cassago] I'll be your glass slipper, if you'll be my foot..
1:45 PM [Boxy] i'll be your foot anyday

Support for victims of sexual assault or abuse can be found here start the healing

Send a message via AIM to Boxy Send a message via MSN to Boxy Send a message via Yahoo to Boxy Send a message via Skype™ to Boxy 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount18

Edit avatar

Re: Finding my siblings - September 19th 2011, 08:24 PM

There's peoplefinders.com and ussearch.com but they cost money and the results are very limited. There's also Spokeo, they let you search the whole country for a name. If there's more than one state with results, select the state you know they're in.

Try Myspace, friendster, hi5, and those old-school networking sites. You can try whitepages, and they will almost always redirect you to their mylife.com page. There's going to be multiple results, but if you know their age and location, it can help narrow it down a bit. Try comparing the results to see if you get the right person.

You can also do a one-time search for them on those first two sites mentioned, but you have to know their name and town precisely or else it's a waste, for 1.99 or something cheap like that. Unless your mother gets the bill, but she knows you've been asking so you could explain that to her?

Closed Thread