TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
hanamanzoor Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

bestfriend who is also my brother - September 17th 2011, 09:00 AM

i moved to new york last year at my aunts house like in october 2010. my family and there family have been pretty close ever since i was small and they had two sons. this whole year was hard for me because i barely knew them. but i got to know both of them. i got along great with the older one because we did crazy things together but sadly he passed away in april. me and the whole family were pretty down about it and no one was happy anymore. i started getting more closer to the younger brother and he became my bff.he loved me so much like throughout the whole year he would ask me about girl advices and everything he said that he was never going to have a little sister and a best friend like me and we knew one day i had to leave. right before i was about to leave like a month before he got into a fight with his long time girlfriend who he's been on and off for 7 years. she was cheating on him for a year and a half and i was the one that was there to wipe his tears. i absolutely hated her after that after her many apologies he gave in and was back with her again a week before i was going to leave i just felt really angry and mad at the fact that he would always spend time with her and not with me when im the one who is leaving. i even told him how i felt and he would always say that he loves me and how he doesnt have to do anything to prove that cause im family. and ever since i came back i feel like he doesnt talk to me anymore like two days ago when i called him i told him hes stupid and dumb for leaving his mom alot at night because she was sick and lonely and he got mad because he thought i disrespected him when i didnt. we always called eachother dumb and retarded and hes just making a big deal now. the first week i came here i would cry every day and miss him alot because hes my bestfriend and my brother and i love him a lot. but i know for a fact that i dont love him the other way. i dotn know what to do because i dont know why hes being like that. why isnt he talking to me much? why is he always fighting with me about little things? i know he loves his girlfriend hes been with her longer but i feel like he doesnt treat me the way hes supposed to. my aunt tld me hes being like this because he knows my weakness is him. my weakness is when he doesnt talk to me because i love him so much. HELP ME!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: bestfriend who is also my brother - September 19th 2011, 09:19 PM

Love is blind, m'dear. I don't know why your brother isn't talking to you very much lately. But if it has anything to do with his girlfriend, then he's not going to see it. Those who are 'in love', don't see things as clearly as those on the outside looking in. Make sense? I would give it a bit of time. While I know you love and miss him, at the same time it might not do any good to talk to him right now. When the time is right, mention how you're feeling. Tell him everything you told us. Tell him what you'd like to see change. All you can do is your part, and talk to him about how you feel. But really, there could be a number of reasons why he is acting the way he is. And all you can really do is ask.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread