TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
eekitsjessie Offline
<33
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jessie

Unhappy i feel like i'm losing my mom.. - March 19th 2009, 04:51 AM

well, to start off, my mom used to be my BEST friend. we use to laugh together about everything and she would be so fun to be around. that was when i was around 12-15 yrs old. i'm 17 now. i have a boyfriend which i have been dating for 1 year and 3 months now. my mom suffers from severe depression, and has gotten worse over the two years. her medication stopped working for her so she had to start doing ECT treatments. it really helped her alot for about a month but then she just fell back into her old footsteps, so the ECT basicly wasn't helping like it was supose to. i have an older sister, who is 23, and a younger sister, who is 11. my older sister has a 2 yr old daughter and she works full time so i my mom has to look after her daughter 5 out of 7 days a week. somtimes for more than 13 hours. i see that it's hard on my mom, and she's been doing this since my neice was 10 months old. my mom isn't fun, and friendly like she used to be. she oftens nods off alot, as in falling asleep randomly. she's just a wreck. she doesnt get all dressed up and pretty like she used to. she has NO personality anymore. i always feel that she's so cold and mean towards me. i cry almost every night about it, because i just want my mom back i hate going through this. i also suffer from severe depression, so it's even harder on me. i see that she's nicer to my younger sister when she comes to stay with us on the weekends. and it just breaks my heart. i feel as though she hates me. my boyfriend has been living with us for about 5 months now. i know that maybe a possibility is that she thinks i don't need her anymore cause i have him. but i try to spend just as much time with her, but sometimes i just can't because she doesn't do anything my boyfriend see's that she acts differently towards me also. i just want my mom back..so badly..

for those of you who read this whole post, thank you.
i really need some advice as to what to do..
i'm so depressed and stressed out about it..

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kathey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: i feel like i'm losing my mom.. - March 19th 2009, 07:11 AM

You know, a few years ago, when I was 17, similar happened. Well, my mum sensed I was growing up, growing away from her, and she, well, she got physically ill. I guess she was depressed really, but that wasn't what they treated, are still treating.
I know this is slightly different to your situation.
But, parents can find their children growing up hard.

Of course you want your mum back. You may not get her back in the form she was before, but I'm sure, as both your treatment progresses, things will shift.
I assume that you're both in proper treatment for your depression?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
eekitsjessie Offline
<33
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jessie

Re: i feel like i'm losing my mom.. - March 20th 2009, 02:03 AM

me and my mom are both in councling for our depression. mine isn't bad like hers though. i used to be on medication, but then developed a pill phobia so i couldn't continue to take medication =/ she's still taking meds but they obvs. arn't working, she's stopped her ect also because it's hard for her to do since she watches my neice all the time.

i just don't know what to do or how to aproach her about it. i feel that if i do, nothing will change. she'll just be like "i havn't changed" or something

Closed Thread