TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
sensitiveguy123 Offline
I'm 14 y/o
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Simon

My best friend is in serious dangerf - September 26th 2011, 12:56 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My best friend is the younger brother of my brother's best friend. I don't think my friend is safe though. Today, when video chatting with him on Skype, his parents came home high off of marijuana and let his older brother (my brother's best friend) drink liquor with them.. They all got drunk and their parents were both high and drunk when they all started abusing and jumping my friend.. I can't stand to see people in pain especially when I don't know how to help.

He hates the way that his older brother and parents treat them, but he still loves them and if I called the police, their parents would get locked up and I doubt he would want that despite the way he gets treated. I was really worried for him after today because he got his Xbox and iPod taken away for "raising his voice" at his parents (I was watching this whole thing happen) while his mom pinned him down and his brother recorded it.

He really needs help and I can't stand to think that he's going to have to experience this for about another 4 years. I always knew they treated him really bad but I never knew that they would be so out of their minds to beat him up.. I don't know what to do and like I said, I don't want to call the police because of the fact that his parents will go to jail and he's probably gonna get sent to a foster home or something. Oh yeah, and begging my parents to let him move in won't work either - we're in a tight financial situation and there's no way we can afford another kid.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount18

Edit avatar

Re: My best friend is in serious dangerf - September 26th 2011, 04:58 PM

It sounds like a really tough situation, Simon. Maybe you could talk to the school counselor or a therapist and get them to help out. The best thing, and most safe on the behalf of your friend, would be to call the police, but that's out of question apparently.

Do you go to the same school? Maybe you two could discuss this with a teacher you know you can trust if not a guidance counselor. Try to get some help for your friend.

If none of it works, then you might have to take legal actions against his family. He might get taken away, but at least he won't be living with parents that get high and a sibling that gets drunk. He won't be abused any longer.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
sensitiveguy123 Offline
I'm 14 y/o
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Simon

Re: My best friend is in serious dangerf - September 26th 2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Lemonade View Post
It sounds like a really tough situation, Simon. Maybe you could talk to the school counselor or a therapist and get them to help out. The best thing, and most safe on the behalf of your friend, would be to call the police, but that's out of question apparently.

Do you go to the same school? Maybe you two could discuss this with a teacher you know you can trust if not a guidance counselor. Try to get some help for your friend.

If none of it works, then you might have to take legal actions against his family. He might get taken away, but at least he won't be living with parents that get high and a sibling that gets drunk. He won't be abused any longer.
We don't go to the same school, he moved to a different city like 10-15 minutes away from me like 2 years ago but we're still best friends and hang out a lot. He loves his brother and his brother is my older brothers best friend (my older brother doesn't approve of the whole getting high/drunk/partying lifestyle and I know for a fact that's not the kind of mess he's into)

His parents and I already don't have a good relationship and I don't want to screw up their family, especially since he wouldn't want to go to a foster home or anything... I would tell him to run away and ask my parents to let him move in (we're already like brothers and my parents know him very well but not the situation he's in) but there's no way we can support him.

Every night I just think about it, hating myself for not being able to do anything about it.

Closed Thread