TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lonely.boy Offline
Not a n00b

What should i do? - March 20th 2009, 10:01 PM

An old friend of mine, invited me to her birthday. We used to be friends time ago, we don't talk much now, because, you know,people move away or start hanging with different people... But, she invited me, and honestly, and don't really want to go. I think i won't be comfortable there, i don't know anyone that is going, and although it's about her/her birthday, she won't be all time with me, because she has to give attention and be with everybody of course, and i will feel very uncomfortable. I said the other day that i couldn't go, but i felt a bit bad and said that maybe i could go, but didn't an exact answer.
What should i do? I don't really want to go, i know i will feel uncomfortable there. I know this might seem selfish, because it's her birthday, but it's how i feel. What would you do in this situation?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
niente_ Offline
Ex band geek, but still proud.
I've been here a while

Name: Niente

Re: What should i do? - March 20th 2009, 10:12 PM

How about you say you're busy but can come for an hour after? That way you make an appearance without having to hang around too long.

Sometimes it's better to forget how you feel
and remember what you deserve

S. M ... still in my heart, forever

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: What should i do? - March 21st 2009, 05:00 PM

Hi there,

I can relate to this situation completely. What I suggest is going, but tell your friend that you might need to leave early. Spend some time at the party, wish your friend a happy birthday, and if you are feeling uncomfortable, then go. But it's a good idea to at least try going for a bit. Decide when you are there whether or not you want to leave. Who knows, you might have fun and meet some people.

If you know right now that you don't want to go at all and don't want to try going, then just tell your friend that you are busy and that maybe you can hang out with them another time instead.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread