TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Haunted Offline
STAR GAZER
Average Joe

Name: Serena

Unhappy I miss her - October 15th 2011, 10:16 PM

I know it's stupid but I had to say this.
There's a friend of mine that comes from Russia and I can see her only for 2 weeks a year, at the seaside. She comes here because of the disaster of Chernobyl in 1986. When we'll be 17 I'll never get to see her again.
The problem is that I always miss her a little bit but this year, since I came home from my vacation, I miss her a lot. Too much actually.
There are days when I'm better and I can deal with this feeling but these days I think I'm missing her way too much.
It started about a week ago, with a soft feeling of homesickness, since I only feel at home when I'm at the seaside, but then it became much stronger and now I only want her to be by my side NOW.
I can only think about her every single minute of the day.
Last year I almost spent a whole night awake because she phoned me and I just told her "goodbye!" before she went back home.
This year... well, let's say it this way: it's midnight here now and I'm still here writing to get advice, hoping someone will tell me how to think less about her.
I can't go on this way. I'm really fragile and sometimes I end up crying for hours for this kind of things. What if it goes on for weeks? How can I hold on with this pressure? I always feel guilty because I am afraid I spent a very little time with her at the seaside and I even talked about her in my signature here on TH!
I need something to distract me from her or I'll go crazy and feel depressed again, like I was in august and I don't want to feel that way again. I almost thought suicide that night and I don't want that to happen again. Self harm is too much for me to handle, I don't want to think suicide just becase I miss a person.
Please help me, I'm going crazy!

MONACHOPSIS
the subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place, as maladapted to your surroundings as a seal on a beach—lumbering, clumsy, easily distracted, huddled in the company of other misfits, unable to recognize the ambient roar of your intended habitat, in which you’d be fluidly, brilliantly, effortlessly at home.

Last edited by Haunted; October 16th 2011 at 09:24 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
lonely.boy1 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I miss her - October 16th 2011, 11:01 PM

I understand part of what you feel, not in the same way/situation but i do. We can get attach to someone a lot and we might not even see the person in months but miss that person.
I don't think there is a way to switch that off and you will end up learning how to deal with that but what i advise is to try to distract your self and focus on something else,like a project or even just listen music or see a movie.
Also,this might seem cliche, but time helps with almost everything so this intense feeling will probably get less intense as time goes by.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Haunted Offline
STAR GAZER
Average Joe

Name: Serena

Re: I miss her - October 17th 2011, 02:56 PM

thank you.

MONACHOPSIS
the subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place, as maladapted to your surroundings as a seal on a beach—lumbering, clumsy, easily distracted, huddled in the company of other misfits, unable to recognize the ambient roar of your intended habitat, in which you’d be fluidly, brilliantly, effortlessly at home.

Closed Thread