TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
harley Offline
I'm here to listen
Average Joe

Name: Harley

Unhappy What happened? - October 16th 2011, 08:18 PM

Ok so my friend that i consider to be a very good friend probably one of my best friends any way hes not talking to me or answering any of my txt msgs or any of my Fb msgs im wondering if i did something wrong. i was grounded for about a month before this happened and everything was taken away so i couldn't tell him what happened I just feel so depressed and worried i have told him stuff that i have never told anyone before. What did I do?

Wherever your heart is there will your tresure lie also

Last edited by harley; October 16th 2011 at 08:30 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MrsV Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: What happened? - October 19th 2011, 07:57 PM

You should just leave a message and explain what happen and leave it in his hands. He might be going through something himself so give him space and try not worry it will pass.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: What happened? - October 21st 2011, 05:20 PM

I'm not sure what's going on with your friend. But something is obviously going on. I would talk to him. Call/text/message him and explain what happened when you got grounded. It's possible that that is why he isn't returning any of your messages. If he doesn't reply to the last message you send him, then you need to give him his space. Pushing at the issue further will only result in you pushing him away entirely. It's also quite possible that he could be going through something personal and he needs his space. In which case, you need to respect that and give it to him. He's bound to come around in all due time. If time has passed and you've not heard from him at all, maybe give it another try. If he wants to have a friendship, then it will happen. It might take time, but it will. Try not to worry too much. I know this is difficult for you. But everything happens for a reason. Take care. I hope everything works out.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: What happened? - October 21st 2011, 09:37 PM

That sucks! It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong, so I wouldn't blaim yourself at all. The people who posted above gave some really good ideas. Good luck in getting your friend back. <3

http://strigidaeofchrono.deviantart.com/
"Setting boundaries is not a more sophisticated way of manipulation - although some people will say they are setting boundaries, when in fact they are attempting to manipulate. The difference between setting a boundary in a healthy way and manipulating is: when we set a boundary we let go of the outcome."

You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am Human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does

Colonel Meow

(#5 (permalink)) Old
harley Offline
I'm here to listen
Average Joe

Re: What happened? - October 22nd 2011, 04:27 PM

All that advice sounds great. But we go to the same group therapy (he hasn't gone in a couple of months) so if he needs someone to talk to its usually me because i know everything that he hasn't even told his parents I really miss him. and im concerned because I have only him stuff that I have never told anyone before.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
blumemusik♫ Offline
~Savvy?
I've been here a while

Name: Kate

Re: What happened? - October 23rd 2011, 08:23 AM

There are two possibilities here I think.

The first is that something has happened to him. Have you seen him at all? Does he go to your school or anything? Obviously, I hope this isn't the case, but he could be ill or in hospital, or worse, so try phoning his mobile, and his home number. Try going round to his house. If he still doesn't answer, try and contact some of his family, and check he's ok. Just explain you're worried there's something wrong because you haven't heard from him in months.

The second, more likely thing, is that he's just really upset with you for 'ignoring' him for a month. If he didn't know you were grounded, he had no way of knowing why you weren't in touch with him. Again, I'd keep trying to apologise, and explain carefully what happened. Go round to his house if you have to, and sit on his doorstep until he has to come out :P

Hope things work out!<3

(#7 (permalink)) Old
harley Offline
I'm here to listen
Average Joe

Re: What happened? - October 26th 2011, 06:54 AM

He txt back today!!! Im so releaved!! so hes been incredibly busy and hasn't had much time for anything except for school and football and hes going to group next Tuesday! im so happy that i didn't do anything for him not to talk to me

You can now close this thread please

(#8 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: What happened? - October 26th 2011, 01:58 PM

Glad everything worked out! I bet that's a huge weight off your shoulders!

I'm going to close this at the request of the OP.
Harley- you're more than welcome to create a new thread if anything else comes up!

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread