TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
snoogums Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Blue

My long lost uncle? - October 17th 2011, 04:18 PM

So my real dad died when I was little and he has one brother (my uncle Jake). I never knew about Uncle Jake until yesterday when he called me. My mom gave him my number. He was living in Saskatchewan but he moved back here a couple weeks ago and called my mom to see how she was doing because she is one of the few people he knows around here. He didn't know that my mom had an affair with his brother and that I was his niece until my mum told him on the phone. My uncle is not married and has no kids. So anyways he was really happy to hear about me and that I was his niece and so he called me and he wants to meet me and take me out to lunch. It is kind of weird that this guy just kinda shows up out of nowhere and wants to meet me . He seemed nice on the phone. Should I go meet him??

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: My long lost uncle? - October 18th 2011, 03:55 AM

I don't see the harm in trying to connect with a long-lost family member. =) You MIGHT want to consider going with your mom for the first couple of meetings, though. I'm not saying your uncle is a dangerous man, but he's essentially a stranger at this point in time... and young girls being alone with strangers generally isn't a good idea.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
snoogums Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Blue

Re: My long lost uncle? - October 18th 2011, 08:43 PM

I agree about the first part you said I think I would like to meet him and I will bring my mom with me (had enough bad experience with strangers to last me a lifetime) It would be nice to have a new family member that might possibly be nice and actually like me.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: My long lost uncle? - October 21st 2011, 05:42 PM

Hey there, it may seem a little weird that he shows up out of no where. But it seems that's the only way to do it. It's just a matter of when. I think it's really cool that your uncle wants to get to know you better now. I agree with your mom tagging along. You never know what could happen. Not to mention, it could be awkward.. or emotions could come up.. And your mom being there could help reduce that a bit. Plus, she'd probably like to see him too. I'm excited for you. I hope all goes well!

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread